Caitlyn Jenner

...the He to She and I worked at the same Ski Area though Bruce was Full Time Year Round w benefits at the time. Worst part was pre surgey transition. Live and work as a Woman for an entire YEAR while on hormone treatment and probably therapy....Really weirder than end result now that I look back.Corporate HR sent us instructions if you could believe it. Name tag change , Bathroom use , Pronoun use. Corp. wishes to avoid lawsuits.

I just want for everyone to imagine for one small fraction of a minute... the doctor... the scalpel... the absolute horror. The poor man lives out a maimed existence for the rest of his life.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lKXbqsPhWJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gender ambiguity has been in the public eye for a long time.

Caitlyn Jenner has not had a sex change as far as I'm aware. The surgery was cosmetic. Paul, I get pretty baked myself. I wasn't getting fired up at anyone... and rarely do.

Baked ain't so bad...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Lo0EeWoXis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Apparently the tackle box is still there...hasn't gone for the full transition yet.
It's tough, whichever way you look at it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like this is the worst thing we need to worry about.

Please...

Exactly, which is part of my point. Who gives a hoot. Why does he/she think we care? Why is it so important for he/she to make this change so public? It is like he/she thinks he/she is so important that the world should care what he/she does. Frankly, I could care less.

Exactly, which is part of my point. Who gives a hoot. Why does he/she think we care? Why is it so important for he/she to make this change so public? It is like he/she thinks he/she is so important that the world should care what he/she does. Frankly, I could care less.

Which is why you started this thread?

I think, if we're honest, we'll admit that we are fascinated with the pains/longings of another human being, because we all hurt and long. (Albeit, not in THAT way.)

As to Butch's comment... I remember years ago now, he wrote something about, "reinventing himself," (Albeit, not in THAT WAY!!). A subject which has always fascinated me... How much it may lie with us to simply choose different modes of behavior and existence in order to alter the life experience we are to have.

To me, the Jenner subject is interesting because most of us feel that in attempting to assume a different gender, one is banging up against an unalterable Something, whether the attempt is cosmetic or surgical. This is what BlackSmith's (Thanks for that link by the way.) and Reul's posts were all about. Although Sean... I wonder if Johns Hopkins would go so far as to assume Freud's view that all homosexuals were clinically insane, but perhaps treatable by the same methods used on other neurotics? If not, I don't see how they could justify their current position about gender change.

Seems bizarro to me. So without the marvels of modern medicine these people that need the switcheroo would just live a tortured life I guess? People have got to learn to love themselves for who they are, not always be searching for something else.

Hey look... something shiny..
Washington loves this crap.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.. oh look Bruce Jenner.

friggin' nonsense.

Matthew Shepard, et al. Possibly one reason for the publicity.

Freud was a nut. Mostly, from what I hear, he extrapolated to others what he pondered in his own mind about himself / self-analysis.

Maybe not a nut, but not dead-on, either.

Back