Bolting a Split Tree

It was pretty far off the beaten path. I was in the neighborhood and decided to stop. That was the only pic that I snapped. I am sure to see it again. The owner of the property is a old physics techno geek. He applauded my effort and payed me nicely. It has not budged an inch and seems to be swallowing the bolts nicely. The cabling was 3/8ths e.h.s cable with the wedge grip. There were three bolts of 5/8ths.

The wedge grip had a learning curve and I went back a second day about two weeks later. I replaced with the same and found were I went wrong the first time with them. When I loaded the wedge into the housing two sides of the wedge were not exactly even producing a false grip. When the wind loaded the limb the grip slipped off the end of the cable. The second set of grips were installed correctly and I put a little wire grip about a foot off the wedge grip to be able to judge if there was any slippage from the ground. They have stuck fast so far. The homeowner bought the house and had the tree split a few days after signing.

Well one thing about a willow tree is it could root in a concrete parking lot and given enough time those roots would find water .Even if it had to shoot them out a quarter mile .

Even if that thing would have split apart the pieces would keep growing .You can't hardly kill the things .

I will buy them again if the need ever arises.
Thanks good to know.
Well one thing about a willow tree is it could root in a concrete parking lot and given enough time those roots would find water .Even if it had to shoot them out a quarter mile .

Even if that thing would have split apart the pieces would keep growing .You can't hardly kill the things .

I have seen willow firewood sprout suckers and new roots.

Back