Best Top Handle Chainsaw for a beginner

Thanks, forgot I have never posted here before. Been lurking about for a while...

Certainly a 540xp is a big improvement. But really the t435 or redmax gz3500 is a good saw for someone starting out. Rather than buy a $600 climb saw I would recommend anyone getting into climbing spend that money in climbing gear and ppe. Just my 2cents.
Sure, lost sight of the op a bit.
I always say to householders you won't go wrong with a Echo.

If Echo makes saws with heated handles, I've yet to see them here.
Not wanting to freeze my hands off is hardly being snobbish.

I'm really not trying to sell anyone on Echos. I just wouldn't pass them by without a look at what their offering these days. They were always a solid saw, just underpowered, and they seem to be working on that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have found a second hand ms192t for $550 but could probably haggle a bit due to the wear on the saw. Is it better to keep looking for a second hand or brand new 193 over the 192? Chris is the seven hills stihl dealer a bit cheaper than other dealers?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I ended up getting a second hand 192t from my boss. I just need to replace a few things as it got dropped. Ran it for a bit yesterday to make sure that it worked prior to committing to fix it up. It runs quite well but sometimes dies when idelling. I think that it had something to do with not having a clean air filter and not a full fuel tank.

Clean everything...even the fuel tank breather, and tank filters.

Back