Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

Ha!Ha!

I tried hand pounding a leather punch through - no go. I had a similar ‘punch type affair’ that had a 1/4 screw gun shank on it. Sure enough the fast spinning cut through well. I would chuck an entire leather punch in a pinch. Then I used sharp tin snips to make the cuts. (In case it helps.)

I will remake it for you if for some reason you cant/dont want to... Thats a bummer. Were you catching pieces from above the rigSAVER? I use mine in basket config all the time, for almost all the rigging I do. It has never given me any problems.

Ayuh,
I did have the rope above the rigSAVER. It was dumb not to check the "alignment" of the rigging rope with the rigSAVER before
making the cut, now I know. :|: :(
I appreciate your offer to rebuild it for me Nick, I'd like to see if I can re-splice with what's left of the rigSAVER. I know how to
do it, just not sure if there will be enough rope to allow for the splice..... ? :?
Time to get ready for work, make some coffee..... :coffee2:

The strap purely for beaner orientation? Or is this incorporated with something else for accents?
Even if only for orientation :thumbup:

The strap purely for beaner orientation? Or is this incorporated with something else for accents?
Even if only for orientation :thumbup:

The nybuck orients the biner like a corner trap, but also serves as a clip-in point for an over the shoulder lanyard for advancing while ascending, as with a rope walker system.

I have a zk-2 and a uni and they both have their place, for a large canopy dead wood, the zk-2, for spar work, the uni. Both are excellent , but if I could only have one, I'd have the zk-2 with stiff tether, ct or petzl fixed pulley, and 32" armor prus e2e in the coopers hitch on cougar blue... Like a dream

Haven't heard of the Cooper's. Care to start a thread with pics, please, Keith?

all ropes look flattened a bit, no fibers are damaged so no harm done. sewing rope aint for girls, so man up:lol:

"No fibers were damaged in the making of this descent."

We just got our HH for State Parks. Supervisor Duane, Mr. Blake's hitch, turned VT, now has one SRT work climb under his belt (no, he does wear a saddle with leg loops) on a RW, is intrigued. You can teach an old dog new tricks. Might be a first Wraptor Ride next week, too. :)

Thats 5mm cord. I wrapped the ends in tape and then folded it over, then kept wrapping. Pretty simple.

I am trying Tech Cord tied to my 'biner for an advancing loop, and DdRT connection, so as not to crowd my bridge ring, and add the element similar to the Hitch Climber Pulley clip-in point. I haven't tried it yet, as I almost always climb SRT.

This should probably be over in the splice forum, sorry for the derail..... :(
I wanted to finish up and follow through on my Rigsaver rebuild/salvage. I re-spliced, whip/lock stitched it, just don't have any
shrink wrap(or heat gun). For a "rebuild" I'm pretty happy with it, if it were a "new build" I wouldn't be too happy with it. Been
battling a cold that's wearing me down and maybe that's why I'm not thinking too clear, what I mean is, I was on the 4th time
(yes, I pulled it apart 3 times :banghead::wack:)burying the cover into the core before I finally remembered to put the rigging
ring in before doing the burys. :|: The splice came out OK, but it's a bit lumpy. The overall length ended up at 48". I'm sure it'll
hold anything I'm gonna be dropping into it. Here's the finished product.....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8244.jpg
    IMG_8244.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8242.jpg
    IMG_8242.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8243.jpg
    IMG_8243.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 108
Thanks guys! :)
One thing for sure, I have got to come up with a way to remember to put that ring on before burying the core/cover! :banghead:
I really don't want to go through that again. :whine:
Couldn't have done it without the help from the guys here at the 'House! ;)

Time to get ready for work, make some coffee..... :coffee2:

Back