Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

I never take it off either, but I just flake the rope back into my bag whilst holding the crab on the HH. Never tried ivy or blue moon. Currently on Imori and Buzzline. Want to try Vortex but its hard for me to buy it for retail when I have so much rope:lol:

I will always be a cheap bastid

Oh Lawdy, boys sewing! Just get a good sized needle, double the thread or use some of that wax twine and go for it!
No need for a sewing machine.

Wasn’t climbing, just threw a rope over a limb to try this today. Went up a ladder to see what it felt like. Tried 6 and 7 wraps, this felt best. Will get set up to ascend this weekend. DSCF5503.jpg

I'll double check the threads on HH to see if this is idiotic.

Had a RW. Got a HH.
Way prefer the HH. No alteration when switching from single to double and back again. It also sits closer when rope is chocked around a stem.

Very very happy with my money spent there.

I never take it off either, but I just flake the rope back into my bag whilst holding the crab on the HH. Never tried ivy or blue moon. Currently on Imori and Buzzline. Want to try Vortex but its hard for me to buy it for retail when I have so much rope:lol:

I will always be a cheap bastid

I replaced my climbing line at the same time as I got a HH, I got 150 ft of Vortex and have been loving it.
The HRC -6 wraps a little loose and the vortex seem to be stable and predictable thus far but I still need
to put a lot more hours on it to be sure.
The Ice was a little jumpy descending but still worked ok.

Merle IMO you need 1 more wrap with that beeline, however with the armorprus you need at least 3 more wraps..

Oh! That’s too bad... I liked the feel of that. I guess it could easily feel better with another wrap when broken in. And too, I wasn’t geared up either. Could easily have another 20 plus lbs. on.

Armorprus, three more wraps with that guys?!!!!!!!!! I’ll be wrapping rope all day. Will try it soon too.

ClimbMIT that climbing line is Safety Blue.

Vortex and 8mm Armor-Prus with the Hitch Hiker is by far my favorite. It is not that it does any one thing so much better with the HH but it's combined attributes tick all my boxes.

Dave

I have a zk-2 and a uni and they both have their place, for a large canopy dead wood, the zk-2, for spar work, the uni. Both are excellent , but if I could only have one, I'd have the zk-2 with stiff tether, ct or petzl fixed pulley, and 32" armor prus e2e in the coopers hitch on cougar blue... Like a dream

It has some set back at that length. But I don't mind it, I like it away from me as I have sorta long arms. A 24" is what Sam cooper uses on his original coop hitch.

Oh Lawdy, boys sewing! Just get a good sized needle, double the thread or use some of that wax twine and go for it!
No need for a sewing machine.

Well said Fiona,
and I took it as a good rebuke. Mostly because I hadn't taken the time to do it myself. :thumbdown:
I couldn't stop thinking about your comment so I went and sewed a 7mm and a 5mm eye2eye for my HH. :D
Thanks for the encouragement, we all need that at one time or another. ;)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8205.jpg
    IMG_8205.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_8208.jpg
    IMG_8208.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 111
Randy, If you double the cord the whole way and heat shrink it it will be perfect. In fact I am going to do that right now. Pictures later.

It might not need heatshrink

Randy, If you double the cord the whole way and heat shrink it it will be perfect. In fact I am going to do that right now. Pictures later.

It might not need heatshrink

Hmmm, double the cord for the whole thing..... I'd like to see pics of that. :)

Meanwhile, I've got a little bad news. Damage to the Rigsaver from Saturday's Ash take down..... :(
I really don't like learning by trial and error. I was tip rigging pieces from one side of the tree to the other
(using the Rigsaver in "basket setup")and the rigging rope got hung over the rigging ring when I cut a piece
loose. I didn't see it happen, but I know how it happened. I know now I should have checked the rope angle/position
in relation to the Rigsaver. As I said, I REALLY don't like learning by trial and error, but now I know. :banghead:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8212.jpg
    IMG_8212.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_8209.jpg
    IMG_8209.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_8210 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_8210 - Copy.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 107
I am encouraged by the possibility of splicing the rigging ring back in, and yes I know if I
can do it it will shorten the length "a bit"..... :happy1:

I will remake it for you if for some reason you cant/dont want to... Thats a bummer. Were you catching pieces from above the rigSAVER? I use mine in basket config all the time, for almost all the rigging I do. It has never given me any problems.

DSCF5558.jpg

Speaking of sewing...anyone use a piece of rubber/tubeing to grip the needle for the pull through? When I first sewed rope etc. I used a pair of pliers - about 4 or 5 times, then the needle wouldn't pass through the rope/material very well.

I wrap enough tape around my middle finger (above the first knuckle) so I can push it through, but I'm not above using the needle nose pliers to pull it through.

Back