Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

Climbmit. Is that the 10mm beeline ? I have blaze, and beeline works the best on it, but i guess its cause there both yale products if that makes any sense.

Well, I think it's time for me to order a HH. Pruning a sugar maple today really made me think my Ddrt set up held me back..... Guess I'm off to Treestuff.com.... and to figure out what I want for an anchor.

Well, I think it's time for me to order a HH. Pruning a sugar maple today really made me think my Ddrt set up held me back..... Guess I'm off to Treestuff.com.... and to figure out what I want for an anchor.

Go for it rajelectic,I love mine I'm prety new to climbing and the hh made things
Easy
You don't really need to send money on an anching system

Naw, the money has been already spent, I have a few unused arborist rings, prussics with rings on them already and 60 some odd feet of 16 strand laying around, gonna splice something up some day soon.

Naw, the money has been already spent, I have a few unused arborist rings, prussics with rings on them already and 60 some odd feet of 16 strand laying around, gonna splice something up some day soon.

I wish I knew how to splice
Maybe this winter when things slow down
There's a thead here somewhere

HH is ordered, I added a couple of DMM small rigging plates, I'm going to do some searching around to see what sort of basal anchor that would work for me. Looking back at the high angle work I've done I wish I knew about this site years ago, with all the details and advice..... you have no idea how many times I've lowered and raised a 10 or 15 hp electric motor out of a silo or elevator, well, very unsafely and without very much control....but anyway, on to the future!

... Using HH though I still feel like a rook and not dialed. Need more friction will add another wrap tomorrow.... Wondering if Bee line has a break in period (like all ropes)...mebee some more climb time on it ...???....

Can't stress enough to get your friction hitch tied tightly from the get go.
Really, yuk your climb line up tight, tie the VT till it almost makes a bend in the climb line, (pull as much as possible through the dog bone before you tie the final fishermans) you'll be surprised how much it slackens once you sit in it and start climbing.
Every time I feel I'm losing friction it's because the hitch needs tightening, not an extra wrap.

I climbed all summer on Tachyon 11.7, I wasn't sure it would feel as secure as my 12mm XTC, but it was just fine, didn't flatten as much, was fine to grip, and was easier to one hand than XTC (never needed my bent gate biner trick I need for the XTC to make a better bend radius for one handing)
Going to buy a new Tachyon rope for the southern hemisphere, going back to XTC will feel like a regressive step!

Can't stress enough to get your friction hitch tied tightly from the get go.
Really, yuk your climb line up tight, tie the VT till it almost makes a bend in the climb line, (pull as much as possible through the dog bone before you tie the final fishermans) you'll be surprised how much it slackens once you sit in it and start climbing.
Every time I feel I'm losing friction it's because the hitch needs tightening, not an extra wrap.

I climbed all summer on Tachyon 11.7, I wasn't sure it would feel as secure as my 12mm XTC, but it was just fine, didn't flatten as much, was fine to grip, and was easier to one hand than XTC (never needed my bent gate biner trick I need for the XTC to make a better bend radius for one handing)
Going to buy a new Tachyon rope for the southern hemisphere, going back to XTC will feel like a regressive step!
I bend my climb line into a "U", full 180.

Nhlocal, When u going to do some more vid's on u climbing with the RW. Do u like the Rw/Rw better then the , HH/rw?

I tie my hitch, put all my weight on it and retie to get all the slack out
At base of tree I find if I don't my hitch gets lose when I'm hi in the tree
For me its safer to tie it twice at base,saves me in the long haul.
Hope this helps someone and makes sence

Works well for me also as tight as I can. The dog bone pushed up, then tight turns hold hitch and bone feed the tail and pull as tight as possible double fishermans and finished.
Dave, I did find the beeline far better after a few climbs! Glad you got one and hope your enjoying it:beer:

Well got my first climb on the ISC RW. I am climbing on Vortex 12.7mm with 10mm bee line, ABR stiff tether, and Ct fixed pulley. First climb tended like a dream of course! Only once I had to manually reset the Wrench when had my basal anchor untied and girth hitched the spar. Also loved how predictable and easy it was to control the friction when descending. I ran into one issue however, the pulley on the RW I noticed was quite sharp and sticks out maybe a 16th of an inch from the side plates. I went up and down the tree 3 times and noticed the pulley had shaved my climbing line. It is a line I that is well used. When I was on the ground I noticed on the slic pin there was tiny shavings on my climb line. I tried to take a pic but it was quite windy yesterday and blew out of my hand. I contacted Luke at Treestuff and sent him pics of the pulley on the RW. He e-mailed the message and pics to ISC. Anybody else run into this?

I like it much better than the Zk-1. I just hope I can figure out if its the pulley that's a little sharp or what it is! I really want to use it. I was about to put it on brand new 150' Vortex but already had an older 120' section in the tree so I used it. I am wondering if the rope is flatened out some as well causing it to ride along those edges.

Are u sure it's the edges of the pulley and not just wear from the friction. I read of guys having a similar issue with the zigzag[/

I guess it could be from friction. The edges of the pulley just seem not as well rounded as they should be. When I rub my finger over it feels as if a very dull blade. If that makes sense Joe?

Back