A Couple of Dragons

It was on the news some weeks ago, but non-specific about the degree of capability. Yours might get you a couple extra weeks at least..... The odd thing is that knowing three or more doesn't seem to help above what two will.

I admire Stig's skill with language, and his eloquence in using it in a manner that we can all appreciate. Though he does get testy from time to time.

Greatest derail of all.

I dont mind the idea of going senile, just as long as everything else goes to hell at the same time. I sure as hell dont want to be "all there" if i cant get myself to the bathroom.

I appreciate the photos of the gators Limbrat. Thanks for sharing them and getting some good discussion started.

I should be good , then. German is my 3rd language. After Danish and English. I took 2 years of Russian in college,and a year of Latin, but they are gone to dust from lack of use.

Gator hunting, depravity, and senility all in one thread = worthy of a Seinfeld episode.
I think the highly over-dramatized swamp hunter TV series got kinda boring after awhile. Same old, same old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I appreciate the photos of the gators Limbrat. Thanks for sharing them and getting some good discussion started.
Thanks, I had no idea I was opening Pandora's box. It was not my intention to offend anyone, just wanted to share a little of what we do in our spare time.

You didn't, really.
We have discussions like that all the time, here. That is part of the fun of participating. If we all agreed about everything, this place would be so lame.
One of the nice things about the House is that we can have some heated discussions, and still be civil towards each other afterwards.
Not a given, in a place that holds everything from christian right wingers, who want to kill anything that moves, to softhearted vegetarian commies like myself:lol:

Everybody has an opinion on things .My daughters boy friend and actually I think son in law is one of few trained to capture those giant Anaconda pythons in the everglades .

So they were going to capture the big snakes alive ,do research on them then anestitize them .My thoughts why not just open up on them with a 12 gauge with double 00 buck and be done with it .You can get pros and cons on that subject too .My thoughts why pussy foot around with a snake big enough to swallow you .Of course a bunch of snake lovers might not agree with me but such is life .

I gather up bull snakes when they come into the yard and pitch 'em into the post pile. Rattle snakes are not afforded the same treatment. 12 gauge with no. 8 shot. Snakes dont bother me a bit.

But i am scared to death of bees and escalators.

Where there's another one .Where in the world did all these damned coyotes come from in the last 20 years .From Florida clear up into Ont .

I suppose if nothing else they would cut down the cat population .Either that or send a whole bunch of them to the tree tops thus providing employment for cat rescuers .

Yes I coyote call this time of year also. Havent been as active lately as I usually am. Here they're not even worth 50 bucks skinned and put up.

You didn't, really.
We have discussions like that all the time, here. That is part of the fun of participating. If we all agreed about everything, this place would be so lame.
One of the nice things about the House is that we can have some heated discussions, and still be civil towards each other afterwards.
Not a given, in a place that holds everything from christian right wingers, who want to kill anything that moves, to softhearted vegetarian pagan commies like myself:lol:

FIxed that for ya :lol:

Thanks, Stephen. I appreciate that.
Actually Pagan means worshipper of Gods not recognized by the church, more or less.
A true commie is of course atheist, having no god, but a prophet named Karl.

Ha! That's like me saying I am so happy with how nice you are being to Stig that I will send you a Moso bamboo shoot to plant.:/:

That's right! Im always nice to Stig though. As different as we are, we are a lot alike. Plus, aside from anything personal, I respect him professionally.

Chris, I hope you know me well enough to realize that I'm not anti hunting.
That would be a weird position for someone who probably holds the danish record for killing stray cats.
I simply have a hard time with the hunters we have here.

Also, I just like to kid around about the whole pinko, veggie commie thing.

That respect goes right back to you, buddy.

Now this poses an interesting question .Are Danish cats smarter than American cats ? Meaning are they also so stupid as to climb a tree and not be able to climb down .

Back