A Couple of Dragons

I think an anti-hunting thread needs to be started as I've said before. Take your views there and hash them out. Keeps the hunting thread insult free. By the same token, hunters can leave the anti-hunting thread alone. Anyone ever get their pic taken beside a huge tree they killed? Its dead isn't it? Its a living object, no? You're smiling with a big saw in your hand that you used to kill the living object right? Death is death. Be it a plant or animal, something alive is now dead. We have all killed.

I am not a hunter. I try my best not to kill any animals. Killing for sport especially does not agree with me. However, I do my best not to judge those who do so.

I think it's ok that people post their different views about these things, as long as it's done in a respectful manner, and doesn't bomb the whole thread into an ugly mess. I think it's important to sometimes have our own views challenged by others.

I guess you're right about another thread. It's starting to take over this one already!

Not that we've ever derailed a thread here at the House...:|:

that's a hella buck, Chris

And certainly, hat's off to Limbrat for his reasonable and respectful responses when he was kinda assaulted by those who don't agree with his point of view here.

Never. (Response to Leon's derail comment)

I found this gator business very interesting. I couldn't imagine living where something like that lives wild. I'll take bears any day over gators.

And certainly, hat's off to Limbrat for his reasonable and respectful responses when he was kinda assaulted by those who don't agree with his point of view here.

:thumbup:
I was impressed by that as well.

Yeah, they are serious creatures. I'm wondering if the reason that the law says you can't shoot them with a high powered rifle is because so many of the bullets could tend to ricochet off that armor-like hide and possibly cause untended problems.

Squish, you already coexist with a similar predator that is also an ambush hunter/killer like gators: cougars.

Oh no, dont bring up cougars again. :)

And for the record, i relocate bull snakes, not rattle snakes like in the picture.

i would love to go south and tramp around for a while. Do some fishing, eat some crawdads, and try gator.

Sorry I had a hand in this derail. As Mr. Beranek stated it is very interesting to see all the ideas and views of others. As long as no one gets too bent, its all good!
I'm in no way anti-hunting. However, if you post pics on a public forum, you're going to get praise and also dissent. To be clear my stance is be responsible and respectful for the animals you take. I personally do not hold my self above other 'beings' on this speck of dust we call earth. It's the 'they're here for us and our needs and we're better' that gets me going...
I have a lot of respect for the regulars here (chris, justin, etc) and it's pretty f-in cool that people can voice there opinions and have people keep level headed and not have it all turn into a shit show. Carry On :|:

that's a hella buck, Chris

I don't see anybody assaulting him.

Everything that was said about anti hunting was said in a nice, sober way.

Nck had to make a snide remark about anti hunters in the beginning of the thread, but we all know that is how Nick is, and I don't think any of them were offended:lol:

And I made a VERY disrespectful remark about the two trophy posers, but did it in another thread.

So I fail to see the problem.

We're not muslim, and even though hunting is Chris's sacred cow, we should be able to discuss anything, anywhere IMO, as long as it isn't turned into a shitstorm, and I don't see that here.

Limbrat started bringing religion into a hunting thread, and it always bugs me when people can't keep their beliefs to themselves, but its his thread, so what?

It is the Treehouse, lets not start putting limits on what we can discuss, and where.

Firstly, as I said I'm not anti hunting, I'm anti this photo. There is a big difference, I've got not issue with you or your buck, if you were a hunter who paid to shoot it, strung it up like a ham and then stood in front of it thumbs up or similar I would feel the same way.
Secondly let's not pretend trees and plants are animals who feel pain or fear, anymore than the asparagus in my garden or my laurel hedge that surrounds it. Again, There is a big difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
La Becasse, This goes out to you.
What a brute Chris. Did you take him in Pa? We do swaps with those folks from Illinois in the pics, they gator hunt and fish with us, we bow hunt their farms up there. It's been a good deal for all and we've made some great friends. We took a gentleman and his daughter from Alaska gator hunting in return for a moose hunt up there but haven't made the trip yet. All the folks from up north seem to be fascinated with shark fishing too. I'd post some shark pics but I think I'll let the waters settle a while. By the way, one of the reasons Florida opened an alligator hunting season was because it was costing taxpayers tons of money to have officers respond to the many thousands of nuisance gator complaints every year. They hired nuisance gator trappers, but they couldn't keep up. With the mass influx of people particularly into south and central Florida, it became overwhelming. The gators were thought of by the new arrivals as magnificent creatures until they started eating $1,000 poodles and lounging in their swimming pools. Funny how people's perspective can change when something affects them personally. Now, instead of gators being a costly nuisance, they are seen as something of value to be managed, bringing revenue into the state's coffers through license sales and all the other things visiting hunters spend money on. I think a lively debate is healthy too by the way, as long as we keep it respectful. If your beliefs are not strong enough to withstand a challenge, you may need to examine them a little more closely.

And just for the derail record...while I do not consider animals to be on the same level an humans, there are a large number of humans that I relegate to equivalency with the lower orders of animals....and I would like to see a bunch of the animal-humans strung up.;)

Actually, I think the discussion has been remarkably mature. We don't need an 'anti hunting' thread. We're all grownups. I must say I felt uneasy with the initial picture.. but it's not my place to criticise. And I hav no particular objections to hunting. Done enough of it myself.

Stig, Murderers, rapists and child molesters are lower than the bacteria that live in the intestinal tracts of the maggots that live in chicken manure. Clearer?

Crystal clear, and I totally agree. I'd personally add wall street criminals, since economic crime hurts society more than most murders, but that is just the commie in me speaking.
I thought you were talking about lesser or more evolved animals, and couldn't quite fit that in with your usual way of thinking.
Also, even though I've swithed to German, I'm still trying to improve my understandig/mastery of the American version of the English language.

If only the majority of Americans could master their own language to the degree you have Stig!

Knowing two languages is supposed to delay the onslaught of senility by about five years. Better get working on it!

How well do you have to know them? I have a Hindi vocabulary of about 30 words, LOL

Back