7th Largest Tree on Earth

mdvaden

Treehouser
Had this on a couple of forums, thought you folks may find amusement too. 7th largest tree on Earth. Put this shot on Facebook, and got over 100,000 views and 1000 shares. Used a 502 LED light panel to illuminate the left side that's usually in dark shade.

8)

Lost_Monarch_1_1200.jpg

Your best shot yet IMO.

That red dress works wonderfully as an eye catcher.

I love it:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's the gal more closeup, in another spot where we tested the LED light panel, but on her this time. This one, in Stout Grove. We did a test shoot south in Prairie Creek about 6 weeks earlier, with bright dresses ... hence the orange / red in the photo above. May try a yellow next time, possibly in a couple of weeks.

Had so many men in my scale shots, wanted more with a female. My favorite redwood photo so far. In the 16 x 20 print here, her facial features are fairly distinct, as in the 20 x 30 version too.

Kiera_135mm_600.jpg

It's a beautiful photo, and the way the girl has her hand on the tree tenderly like, it reminded me of the gals that get hitched to buildings, so why not a tree?

Red dressed women in nature is definitely a beautiful thing. Here are a few old grainy 35mm pics I took on a trip in Norway years ago and scanned here. This women is called a Huldra in Norwegian folklore which means a forest creature.
Great tourist trap when the train stops at this famous 300 ft Kjosfossen waterfall in Flamsdalen and this mysterious woman in red pops out of the waterfalls.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 81
  • image0-001.jpg
    image0-001.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool.

So that's a real size comparison in the bottom photo?

Must sound like thunder when the water comes through there.

Cool.

So that's a real size comparison in the bottom photo?

Must sound like thunder when the water comes through there.

Yep that's how it looked in comparison, but a photograph never equals what you see with your own eyes. You can google Huldra Kjosfossen, Flamsdalen and watch videos of these women in action, big tourist attraction in Norway..

Having sex with a Huldra (Skogsrå) leave you empty and lost as she will keep your soul.

They are almost always pictured with a tail. Older paintings with hollow backs covered with long hair.
Not the most gentle creature in the folk stories...

In my region here Huldra were mostly figured as mail and very brutal, Rå as female version

Red dressed women in nature is definitely a beautiful thing. Here are a few old grainy 35mm pics I took on a trip in Norway years ago and scanned here. This women is called a Huldra in Norwegian folklore which means a forest creature.
Great tourist trap when the train stops at this famous 300 ft Kjosfossen waterfall in Flamsdalen and this mysterious woman in red pops out of the waterfalls.

That or you could be stumped when you found the tail...
Nope these Norwegian woman Huldras had no tail in the way:lol:

:lol:
Had this on a couple of forums, thought you folks may find amusement too. 7th largest tree on Earth. Put this shot on Facebook, and got over 100,000 views and 1000 shares. Used a 502 LED light panel to illuminate the left side that's usually in dark shade.

8)

Awesome photography! :O
Lost_Monarch_1_1200.jpg

Back