Grove AT635E

Sounds like a comfortable safety margin. I'd probably try to stay in the 50% capacity range for aerial pics. You guys see the tipping crane video from Florida?

I agree Ed.

Conservative is cool, at least in terms of crane work ;)

Paul, that's a very compact unit for having that capacity. I don't see any type of counterweights on the Grove?

Falling in love by day 2?? That's a good sign!! Keep those pics coming

Looks like he was picking over the nose, with no weight in the bed. Is that normal? Looked like a bit of wind, but not much wind profile on that dead piece.

Haha, sorry, but it's probably a good thing. I can't completely figure what happened as it didn't appear all that big and the boom was up pretty straight. Anyway, be safe!

Pretty simple it looks like. He didn't have a front outrigger, so when he was rotating over the front everything started to tip. That rig should have a front outrigger for a 360" load chart. Without it he can't rotate over the front at all.

Somebody posted pics here of one in Florida where it cut the house in half. Big crane, like a 150 ton trying to pick in the backyard. I think there was even a tractor trailer there with all of the counterweights that they should have put on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We finished our job today. The job that I said we could do in 2 days but couldn't.....

Took more time than I expected to figure out a system for setup, plus we were running slow to be safe

The lot we were clearing for a parking lot had more more mass of trees than I have ever seen in such a condensed area. It is right at the center of Charlottesville and we were " borrowing " 2 parking lots to complete the job as it was tight as a well diggers ass for a job of this volume . We chipped 170 yards of chips. Luckily I was working for the excavator and he is hauling the wood and digging out the stumps.

Anyways I parked the crane in the lawyers lot as we were leaving as it was the only one I didn't need "eyes" to get out of. When I went back 3 hours later the 2 down hill tires sank About 5 " down:O..... Could be bad but hopefully they don't notice:/:

Back