How'd it go today?

Nice, John. I spent many a fine climbing day in Linville Gorge back in the '70s when I was in college at WCU in Cullowhee, NC. Finer place you'd be hard pressed to find, those days anyway.

Stig...good on you for revealing your temporary tree hugger!
I like giving folks options, sometimes they have no idea there is another way to do something...in the end though if its gotta go, its gotta go.

I have a big (for me) gum to fell tomorrow, birds in the tree poop on the house, I offered to reduce it, but they want it gone, so I get to play 'one tree logger' tomorrow.

Ugh, I keep running into this douchebag "arborists" at work. This guy can't talk about anything without turning it into a dick measuring contest. I hate people who tell you how awesome they are. Show me dude, show me. :/:

I had to upgrade my cell phone plan, which I've been dreading. Turned out to be pretty painless. Walked out with a new Motorola, no money down, more gigs, unlimited talk and text, insurance for about $8 more a month. Glad to be free from my Samsung.

Less than wonderful day...

late start due to other obligations...got up to 1st job and work has been done except one little 8' pine.:|:

Guy called me and misrepresented himself as person calling back about a question I had on some gov't forms...got me for about $250, so spent some time at the bank getting new card and stopping payment.
Will call AG office in morning and make a report.

time crunch didn't allow second job, so did an estimate instead.

Had thoughts of just going to work for someone else lately. Ah well, I'll appreciate the good days when they return...(maniacal giggle and hair pulling)

Ah yes, so easy to splice. I did a few different slings out of tenex and now I find myself watching the Nicks' splicing videos so I can splice other projects.

Was taking down a ash tree in this development today and we noticed this giant American sycamore lurking out back down by the creek. I bet no one there even knows or cares about it. Pretty awesome though. I'm gonna have to go climb it sometime. image.jpg

Nice find. I really like how sycamore looks and how they grow structurally along with the size they get. I just hate working on them.

I know a lot of people that have a allergic reaction to sycamores but it has never affected me. I like how easy my rope slides on them. I posted a pic of these other sycamore's before but I'll do it again cause they are so awsome. The one you can actually rapell down inside. image.jpg image.jpg

I dead wooded one that I could climb inside of a few weeks ago. They don't compartmentalize very well. It's an awesome species for climbing.

I'm with you Rich.

cool trees. Climbed tons of them when in KY. cutting them dries me out something terrible.

Sorry Sean...I deleted that post. I'll keep trying to get it uploaded like it's supposed to.

There! Finally got it!

We finished almost all the interior walls today. Just lack a couple of short walls, a window to frame out and a doorway.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4LQZVKBfV5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back