How'd it go today?

I'm beat. Almost finished the wood shed project I've been helping a friend with. Just need a couple of pieces of planking. Went back to the other building that we've been working on for four years. Hope to have that done soon. Then we start on another tiny building, and maybe later this year we start on the big barn. Oh, and we have another medium size one to get done this summer, too.:lol:

18'x24' wood shed that we are 99.999% finished with:

20150419_134429.jpg

Finally climbed "built to tilt" today at shortoff. And a couple other routes. Sure is an exciting finish pulling the roof. Stole these pics from mountain project image.jpg image.jpg

That looks great Dave. What would something like that be worth? I need a shed.

Darned if I know. We've been working on it since I think November 2013.:lol: I sawed up some black locust poles in 2012. There's a bunch of rough sawn pine for framing, and all of the siding is 1"x8" pine clapboards. The roof is made up of store bought trusses and he hired the tin put on. He's done a bunch of stuff on it and his wife has helped him on it as well. Just a WAG, but I'd say it's a 9 or 10k building. Probably wouldn't cost a lot more for a bigger shed, as there is a lot of time getting all of the trim details right, then you go like crazy putting the siding up.

Biggest holds you'll ever fall off of. Mental game was the crux......not to mention bands of fog that kept rolling up cliff....whiteout at points. Set the belay to bring partner up...and it started raining. Added to the drama

Gary, you come up here again , I'll take you into linville to climb. Many easy/long routes there with excellent exposure

Cool offer, John. I am all about top rope climbing...lead climbing I left behind a long time ago...Mt. Yonah is where I learned...most climbing since then has been at Sandrock (Cherokee Rock Village) at Centre, AL...no exposures to compare to what you have.

Those exposures can really play a head game....like being in a big tree...lots of limbs around, no sweat....same height on a naked spar...head games. (like WTF am I doing up here?:lol:)

Cool offer, John. I am all about top rope climbing...lead climbing I left behind a long time ago...Mt. Yonah is where I learned...most climbing since then has been at Sandrock (Cherokee Rock Village) at Centre, AL...no exposures to compare to what you have.

Those exposures can really play a head game....like being in a big tree...lots of limbs around, no sweat....same height on a naked spar...head games. (like WTF am I doing up here?:lol:)

I'll lead everything. Just look at as 400' top rope. You would dig it......then we can ask each other wtf are we doing up here

Cool pics, Biv. Did you see that tv show on Discovery last nite "Uprising in the Valley?" Its a history of yosemite climbing from 50s to now. It was pretty cool to see the stuff that was completely balls to the wall 40 yrs ago is utterly dwarfed by what people are doing now, stuff that literally didn't even occur to the old-timers to do cuz it is so mind blowing- crazy lines, free solos, base jumping, unsecured slack lining over 1000' chasms, free soloing with a parachute as back up, just crazy ass, insane stuff.

Haven't seen it but it sounds awesome. I would rather read about soloing then do it. Too much to lose now.

Haven't seen it but it sounds awesome. I would rather read about soloing then do it. Too much to lose now.

I applaud your good sense, John. Too many top notch climbers don't think of their families. They are only inches or seconds from death and when they make that mistake there is no re-do.

Some of the things shown in the show will make you squirm a bit while watching. Even the base jumping with a wing suit, seeing it done is NUTS

Cool pics, Biv. Did you see that tv show on Discovery last nite "Uprising in the Valley?" Its a history of yosemite climbing from 50s to now. It was pretty cool to see the stuff that was completely balls to the wall 40 yrs ago is utterly dwarfed by what people are doing now, stuff that literally didn't even occur to the old-timers to do cuz it is so mind blowing- crazy lines, free solos, base jumping, unsecured slack lining over 1000' chasms, free soloing with a parachute as back up, just crazy ass, insane stuff.

Thanks Cory just put it on demand:thumbup:

Valley Uprising, on Discovery! Hell yeah Cory, my palms sweat every time I watch Alex Honnold climb. Some of the falls those guys were taking were vicious. Years spent figuring out routes, wing suites, the crazy bouldering. That was a really cool show.

Crazy looking route John.

We just bought a new horse tonight. Chief, a proven rope horse, that makes four in our stable.

Back