How'd it go today?

I've been unmotivated this last while.

Justin, I think you might be talking about the ledger board, not header, fwiw.

Was having a good day till the wife called to tell me she fell down the steps. So I rushed home and am now waiting at the emergency room for x-Rays. She said something snapped in her ankle. We will see what the doc has to say. Yippie

All good. Severe sprain. Sigh of relief.

Ohhh, thank God man. That would suck... actually, what am I talking about, a severe sprain could suck almost worse.

Sorry to hear about the ankle Rich. Please pass my well-wishes on to your wife.

Well, I made it through the first day back working...201t was a piece of crap (something is wrong with it, worst saw I've ever used in a tree)...Jred top handle that looks just like a husky 335 did better but not a lot. Spent much of the day slinging my ms441 around ,til I got charlie horses in my arms and finished the day with the little Jred.

Ground crew was actually two guys who can feed a chipper and rake...Never have roped anything out (they learned some today though:evil:) Their regular job is actually harvesting and planting "dune grass" all over the MI shoreline. The head of the grass company supplies the tree co. owner with ground labor.

We managed to knock out three jobs today in about 8 1/2 hours. a front yard hard Maple, A fair sized silver in a hole overhanging the garage, and a four lead birch leaning over three parts of a condo ( some one needed what-goes-where landscaping lessons):|:

Ah well, it's all good...fun to get out and climb again, guys were decent to work with; no phones out, paid good attention, kept moving at a fair pace all day...can't ask much more than that I guess...well, I could but then....

Glad you enjoyed it Dave. I've got a first edition 201 that is good at one thing. Leaking bar oil. The new ones are supposed to hit my area in January. Hope to try one out then.
The wife is in a lot of pain but ok. I'll tell her Dave.

If only you had another 200T out there close by.

Yep. She's had a pair for a long time. She openly admits she's a clutz. I threatened to line the house with foam padding and fill the yard with mattresses. I bet if I shrink wrap them it would make an awesome slip-n-slide

Sounds like a hell of a day Dave. . .

One manned a fairly significant leader off a Hard Maple tonight. Leaning toward the property owners new addition. All SRT. Some evidence of storm damage in the tree, and the lead in question was making no effort to correct it's lean. Not the best thing for the tree, but I made them aware of the possible consequences. Probably be back there next summer for the rest of it.

Also bid out an epic birch massacre. Eight trees of significant size. No cleanup whatsoever. Should be able to dump seven of them and piece out one that's straight as an arrow.

I'm starved. Dinner time. Pastie with a big pile of fresh veggies!!

Cheers.

Those gas tanks aren't cheap and they're a pain in the ass. I would say they aren't bad if you're a saw mechanic. It took me three hours to swap one out.

I've been unmotivated this last while.

Justin, I think you might be talking about the ledger board, not header, fwiw.

Heh. I'm no carpenter that's for sure. I'm talking about where a lean to or 'addition' attaches to the side of my shop. I always thought it was called a header? Anyone? Regional differences maybe?

I think it has something to do with how it's supported Squisher. A header is supported from below while a ledger is bolted or screwed to the side of something to support weight. One of those things where you can use the wrong word but we know what you mean. Kinda like rafters and ceiling joists, and trusses

Cool. Good to know. A ledger, I'm gonna amaze my buddy tomorrow when he stops by to give me a hand with my newfound knowledge.

Sounds like a hell of a day Dave. . .

One manned a fairly significant leader off a Hard Maple tonight. Leaning toward the property owners new addition. All SRT. Some evidence of storm damage in the tree, and the lead in question was making no effort to correct it's lean. Not the best thing for the tree, but I made them aware of the possible consequences. Probably be back there next summer for the rest of it.

Also bid out an epic birch massacre. Eight trees of significant size. No cleanup whatsoever. Should be able to dump seven of them and piece out one that's straight as an arrow.

I'm starved. Dinner time. Pastie with a big pile of fresh veggies!!

Cheers.

I hate to bother you with your mouth full, but do you have a good recipe?

Spent 7 hrs on 3 tall skinny leaners (1 dead) over a shed that the boss figured 3 hrs on. None would hold my weigh without tying in to another tree (glad it was there) and couldn't get a comfortable tie-in all day...I'm pooped.

His idea was go up 40 feet (not quite 1/2 way) set rope above and have the guys yank it out from over the building after it's cut free...not happening if I'm climbing, so it took me a bit longer. He wasn't real happy...he'll get over it...or not.

I'm a bit rusty and out of shape, but not enough to be as bad as the last three climbers they've had according to the crew...they seem quite impressed...of course they are on the job but the boss isn't...will be tomorrow though I'm told...

Is the new boss a climber? If not and no one else on the 'crew' is than they can have all the input they want but you decide how it's done because you're the only one who's gonna actually do it. If he himself can't or none of his crew can than he should be grateful it got done in a safe fashion. Period.

My thoughts exactly Justin.

He bids jobs and grinds stumps. Don't believe he's ever climbed.

I could be out golfing...:/:

I'm preaching to the choir here, Dave, but... if he doesn't climb... don't even let him chime-in. Sounds like you're handling stuff in a pro manner.

My afternoon job fell through, so they sent me out to help Chris Maragulia on his crane removal job. Too dark for good pics, but had fun.

Ahhh BUTCH!! The pics attachment paper clip thing ain't workin'... AHHH What do I DO Butch!!! AHHHH!!! :cry::O:cry:

Jed you got rad pics....I'd be pissed too.

Spent my lunch hour swapping out both batteries and my alternator for $600 on the 7.3 Stoke, at least I saved on labor doing it myself.....

Back