How'd it go today?

Hahahha...maybe...but we don't have the wide open spaces like you do...not may buffalo or elk down here.

But the weather in winter is a LOT nicer.

Today is our 26th wedding anniversary, and we have the tradition that on this and birthdays, we do something special. My wife chose Dutch oven beef stew cooked over coals by the fire ring. It turned out rather nicely.

Just playing around with the hound 8)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wrmsM-5F0NU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That ground armor stuff works great for parking lawns. When I did construction we had a job where they installed that so the fire trucks could have access with out an actual drive. Prepped the base just like we would for concrete, then used a soil separator fabric, then that stuff and topsoil. I had my doubts but last year I pulled the bucket truck and chipper over it in the early spring. Not even a mark.
The mechanic called me this morning wanting me to come in and fly my new boom. He needed me to sign off that I was ok with it or something. I looked it over and ran it through its full range from the platform. Jumped in and took a ride. I'm quite used to working above the buckets reach but the extra 15 foot on this thing seems awful high. Any how I looked at the inspection papers and almost missed that the third party inspection company's address was the same as the dealer. Calling for an inspection from the company we use tomorrow morning. Damn used car salesmen. Always trying to sneak something past us.
Then since I'm so far behind on work I went and trimmed some big ass Japanese yews. These things were planted 60 years ago and never touched. Did them like a crown reduction and they turned out pretty good looking and about a third of the size. Most of the cuts were able to hide well. Everything is stacked next to the drive ready to chip tomorrow.

Now I'm craving carrot cake. Looks mighty tasty. Happy anniversary Treesmith

Thanks all. I can't let the opportunity slip by without bragging on my wife and daughters' cooking...

My wife baked this cake for my middle daughter's senior piano recital...

And the middle daughter baked this one for Carl's 27th birthday I believe it was...right after he got on the excavator bandwagon....:P

Took the newer truck into the garage to get checked out...going to cost a bit but it's all in the budget...

Loaded climbing gear into old Ford for some work with a new-to-me crew the next couple days. No comms...trying out a 201t (my 200t is in shop)...should be interesting to say the least...

Yeah Dave... get ready to be pissed. Unless it's one of the newer ones. They are like using a pretty good 200 that's just a tad week. :(

Well today is day two of re-affixing the lean to/overhang from my shop. The header on the wall of the shop nearly pulled right out in heavy snow load last year. So I spent all yesterday pushing the whole thing with a tractor as much as I dare and lag bolting it back to the side of the shop monotonous and a little tense at times but it's coming together and I'm certain it won't fall off now. Starting to run out of time here for outdoor projects and just in time too as its getting chilly!

Ironically I have to replace a chimney for the gas stove in my shop and also protect the new one better from sliding snow. The ironic part is I could really use a bucket truck to do it. May have to rent a lift.

Back