Wood fired pizza oven.

How did you come to have buried bricks? They're kinda valuable to just stick in the ground.

I could think of worse ways to spend $600 than that Ooni. Looks like a nice unit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They must have come off a landscaping job. About a one ton load of bricks and mason sand. They belong to the person I'm building the oven for.

Nice! I need to get some more blocks, last time i got some i did a mini basement that i use as a mechanical room for my well system, and i bought some off color ones that they had left over and wouldn't sell at a quarter a block. I did it completely myself with some buddies, learned a lot, learned enough to fix the major problems from my early mistakes, and now have a very awesome little mechanical room. Like all mechanical rooms, you often dread going there, usually in the most awkwardly built for humans places but are really perfectly measured and designed areas to minimize space so the rest of the building has more room.

I use them for a bunch of stuff, and i wanted to build structures to get better, and then in time jack my house and do a full basement. But til then maybe a building for a hot tub and shower outside :D that and some rock and dirt bins.

Finished my archeological dig this morning. Got a couple yards of good brick. I've decided to run two courses of brick around the outside of the slab to define traffic flow and for the crucks and doorposts to land on. Historically, as cruck blades deteriorated over the centuries, the rot was cut away and replaced by stone or brick piers. 20210719_121307.jpg 20210719_233427.jpg

Made some decisions on the WFBO. 42" diameter. Dome will be firebrick. Floor will be firebrick over insulating board. Decorative arch and flue will be antique brick. Dome will be wrapped in ceramic blanket and covered in a plaster render. Possibly with dinosaurs, as there someone with a dinosaur obsession on the farm. :/:
Playing around with ideas for the flue.
20210725_144228.jpg

I forget what the purpose of that building's supposed to be, but it might make a good shop pit. Pools have negative value to me, but I might be able to work with a big ass hole in the floor. I'd be reluctant to fill it in, and have the perfect use pop up.

It's getting filled in. I'd like to have 30,000 gallons of water storage for some experimental heating projects, but not sure that's going to happen.

Back