Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Takeuchi

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • CAT

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
I think our T300 was around 10,500 with the outriggers, and no attachment. A heavy SOB,especially when you have to drive it over a suspension bridge. Weirdest moment in skid steering I've ever had.:lol:

Top british product, with easy access cab. Also built in the US now I think.

JCB%201110T%20(iv)%20copy.JPG

John, normally outriggers are used to be able to increase down pressure for using spades/backhoes/some augers/ ect.

Takeuchi all the way man. They are the sh!t when it comes to track loaders. The Yanmar engine are a power house, and these things will float on mud and grass. I have a bud in NC who works for the family business that builds ponds. Right now, they run a Tak 150, and he can push some serious mud with it, not to mention floating over it.

And the track system is awesome!! You know how much just one side of an ASV track set costs, over $6,000!! The roller's themselves cost a ton! Sure, their more comfortable, but the Tak design is much simpler, and easier to replace and repair, and cheaper. Around $4500 I believe.

Plus, these things can lift some serious weight!! They can lift an awesome amount of weight, and they can push at least their own weight, plus more.

The joystick controls are nice and precise, and I really like their taller seats. (i know, it's odd, but they are some very comfy seats)

And one other thing, I know some of you like to go back to the original company that originally made the machine design. Well, Takeuchi was the first company EVER to create the tracked skid steer loader, so they know a thing or two when it comes to designing them.

Since you're looking for an 8000 class machine, check out the TL130, or, if you're buying new, go for their new TL230.

Here, check out a few vids of him running their 150 in some serious mud! This just shows their awesome traction power.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MEg5dCfCCqI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MEg5dCfCCqI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And here's one that may relate a bit more to our industry.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_pXMeEp2akk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_pXMeEp2akk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

T 300 no questions asked.
The only thing that sux is its hard to fix the joy stick.
So deffinatly buy extended warrenty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Found a good deal on a ASV RC 30, trailer and four attachments, 12k...I know, not much more power then the boxer......but

also a LS170 wheeled loader with trailer for 11k.....

This biz is going bankrupt and selling everything.....I could probably get both for 20k cash....

Found a good deal on a ASV RC 30, trailer and four attachments, 12k...I know, not much more power then the boxer......but

also a LS170 wheeled loader with trailer for 11k.....

This biz is going bankrupt and selling everything.....I could probably get both for 20k cash....

Great buys!!! But I don't think you wil be happw with either!! I love the LS machines, but it's not tracked, and the ASV isn't a big enough step up that I think it would be worthy.

A buddy of mine rented an RC30, it was a really handy machine for working in backyards. I don't know how it compares to a mini liftwise, but it seemed to do all right.

I love my LS 180, its a very very simple machine and easy to fix.
It will sink to the pan at every opp. though.
But it will lift really high.
I got mine super cheap also..
Yard doggggg
Im ready to step up to a small tracked loader but most have pitiful lift height.
I keep thinking of going to some kinda weird trax for the LS 180

If you got the New Holland, you might be able to score some of those add on tracks that just go over the wheels.

There is a company (Logering or some such) that makes bolt on track systems. If I was getting a loader, I'd think hard about getting a A300 with a track system. You get the advantages of a articulating loader, skid steer, and tracked loader.

ETA, just looked at Andy's link, that's them. GTG from what I've read.

We had an 85XT with the metal tracks that went over the tires. More traction than rubber tracks, and horrible destruction of refined yard areas.:D

Also something to keep in mind. I believe the articulating loaders are the ticket. A set Of these tracks on a boxer 732 would be the ultimate, then back to wheels when not needed.

www.Mattracks.com

Attachments

• TA3500_home140.jpg
    TA3500_home140.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 25
  • db_Mattracks_0531.jpg
    db_Mattracks_0531.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 16
Back