Wanted STIHL 044

And I want my own talk show, that would be special...

Been looking for a 044 for a few years myself with no luck...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depends on condition of saw ... If all OEM worth more than with a Chinese top end ... plastic , wear tear appearance wise ok - just want a factory OEM jug slug crank - red lever better than black

Last edited:
..... ONLY $1400 + shipping ! Yah I’ll get right on it - is this guy high or what ?

Meteor better than OEM ? Nope ... pistons are less expensive for sure and may be a suitable replacement (?) however the cylinders are in no way , shape or form equal to or superior to the original Mahle cylinders that come on an original 044 .... I’d steer clear of any saw “rebuilder” that claims otherwise and I would avoid “high-compression” work saws like the plague , especially ones that have been “machined” , not necessary in a work saw ... port timing and flow is going to give a guy the most usable gains and the greatest longevity - PERIOD ... :big-money:

Last edited:
You're missing out. Most any builder does compression work, and there's a lot of torque in compression. I thought nobody out torques Frankie? I have made an amazingly strong 490 by just porting alone.

I’m missing out on nothing ... been there done that bro ... If I want to tighten the stock squish from .035 to .025 I’ll simply use a .010 thinner base gasket - kind of a no brainer 😂! Not interested in arguing about saw building with you today @Nutball .... I’m looking for an OEM 044 - got one ?

Craigslist is a source of leads and can give ya a ballpark value for sure. However I personally prefer a dealer trade-in or private sale ... for obvious reasons

Rip-off-ski ! You do , however get the original box and manual printed in German

Back