Wall of Shame: Wannabe Experts

I like to take a look inside the collar above the hook, make sure everything looks kosher at the wedge socket. Caught the tightening bolt loose once. I don't get a chance sometimes, and don't feel right asking the operator to lower so I can look inside, it being his responsibility.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NBz-BnKNw0Q?list=FL7T8BWN1YBbWCpxi1tdBI3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know that company. Know the owner. They're not wannabe's either. They work in the land of the big sticks, and have been in business a long time. That was a bad move, but I assure anyone on here they are not wannabe's.

Crane company was just involved with an accident by me killed owner of Lyon and Sons tree company. Lifted him up on a branch from crane."In NJ ILLEGAL". Owner UNTIED from crane before tying into the tree. Branch he set down on broke, he fell to his death. If you got shit on your mind stay home "you or someone else can get hurt." Remember your not Superman

SORRY OFF IF OFF TOPIC

Cameron owned his own cranes. It wasn't a crane company. Out of respect for him and his loved ones, lets try and keep the facts straight.

I know that company. Know the owner. They're not wannabe's either. They work in the land of the big sticks, and have been in business a long time. That was a bad move, but I assure anyone on here they are not wannabe's.

If you say so. Wow though, they looked lame, like they lent the bucket to the customer and let him do the work.

The actual cause of the accident now appears to have different versions.

Jay, can you splain more about that?

This seems shameful enough for this thread.

I've driven past this for a couple of weeks. I don't have any idea what happened here but the work is bad enough to suggest someone got hurt and quit. I sure hope they are going to be alright. What a mess! — at Poffenberger Rd Hagerstown, MD 21740.

1452583_460044454104630_636590477_n.jpg

Hope a lanyard wasn't around that. That was the first piece of training I learned. Put a cut or box so wood don't peel and suck you in to tree and break your back

It could be a really evil/vengeful divorce battle. Maybe she loved trees and he had bucket truck.
That doesn't explain the firewood size rounds, though.
IDK - I ain't knocking on that door to find out. Bizarre indeed.

It could be a really evil/vengeful divorce battle. Maybe she loved trees and he had bucket truck.
That doesn't explain the firewood size rounds, though.
IDK - I ain't knocking on that door to find out. Bizarre indeed.

Awww come on...dare you! 8)

Cory, I won't claim they're the greatest outfit on earth. I can't say that for sure. But, that video seemed to capture the worst of things. I'm not 100% sure on how great or lousy their work situation is. They have nice iron, their own crane, and rock pretty hard in the land of monstrous hardwoods. They're not a startup operation either.

Hope a lanyard wasn't around that. That was the first piece of training I learned. Put a cut or box so wood don't peel and suck you in to tree and break your back

I hear that. I chunked down two maple stems that had a lot of leaning crown weight removed from the ground level co-dominants. I stayed out of the Circle of Death with choked lanyard and climbline. I could feel the tension/ compression changing while snap-cutting chunks. Spookie!

Cory, sorry my mistake, after rereading. I thought the second explanation was that Cameron was tied into the limb that broke.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am a bit behind but I will tee off on hole 1 and 2 to start.

Check this one out!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J2hyVU1E-1I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thats just hilarious, I am glad nonone got hurt. At least the kid had eye and ear pro on.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NBz-BnKNw0Q?list=FL7T8BWN1YBbWCpxi1tdBI3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"I dont get it, I just dont understand what happened..." Really? Its pretty simple you destroyed your headache rack bro. Next time leave the bucket in the driveway!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Regarding the the cable that broke, it looked to me like he 2 blocked it. Also, its hard to tell with the lighting but the setup and order of limbs seemed funky. I like how he had that new blade nice and loose too!

Here is a pic of me when a crane cable broke on a tower job I was working. I was just about to go up in that man basket when it snapped on the test pic.

IMG_20101210_092451.jpg

IMG_20101210_092426.jpg

Back