Wall of Shame: Wannabe Experts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RrXQx3DDdKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buying a chainsaw should require a license proving that you attended some type of class covering operation and general safety. That would hopefully eliminate dangerous crap like this. I think that's how they do it in the U.K..

I've never taken a course. Your statement sounds mighty commie like. A drivers license doesn't stop people from driving like idiots. At least not around here.

Lol

I'm still sick to my stomach from watching that video. :O
Most of these type of videos are really funny, or just make me
shake my head. This one turned my stomach, really. I honestly
don't understand how he isn't dead.
Probably the saddest/scariest part? He got away with it. He'll do it again for sure..... :\:

I wonder what was "awesome" about it, as was remarked in the video? That doikus should be banned from touching a saw for one year.

When that first tree started to barberchair, I was thinking that the guy was going to learn what it was like to get punched full blast in the face by a twenty-one year old Mike Tyson....or even worse. :|: Michael Spinks knew after a minute and a half in the first round.

Wowzers. That kid's lucky he didn't make the all time Darwin Award list!

This showed up in similar fails. I'd not seen it before. Another lucky kid.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7jrHAMVYWxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buying a chainsaw should require a license proving that you attended some type of class covering operation and general safety. That would hopefully eliminate dangerous crap like this. I think that's how they do it in the U.K..

So you are proposing in depth training that covers not only basic saw handling skills but also advanced felling techniques for tripping domino leaners? All of this for joe schmoe that wants to cut up a few downed limbs on his lawn? No basic course could have prevented that mishap. that's simply people getting in over their head that don't comprehend the danger they are in. happens everywhere, in every trade, every day.

So you are proposing in depth training that covers not only basic saw handling skills but also advanced felling techniques for tripping domino leaners? All of this for joe schmoe that wants to cut up a few downed limbs on his lawn? No basic course could have prevented that mishap. that's simply people getting in over their head that don't comprehend the danger they are in. happens everywhere, in every trade, every day.

:thumbup:;)

MV5BNTM3ODE2NjkzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg5MDIzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Someone going through our Danish safety course would have been told several times: " Unless you are a seasoned pro faller, stay the f... away from blowdown and leaners" and shown a video of someone cutting a tensioned blowdown and sending a saw in orbit!

Back