trying to run a business and keep sane

I look at every job deciding if I can do it myself, efficiently enough to be worthwhile.

My crane op's rigger (employee) will unhook, if needed.

A rental bucket lift, possibly moved by the mini is available.

A Wraptor in the box, and lots of slings/ biners.

HOA greenbelt trees, at the one I have are often leave tree parts/ while trees in woods, or drive up.

Fell and leave is easy money for a good feller. A pull rope can be redirected to the stump vicinity.

@PCTREE When is the biz meant to be sold.
How's your arm?

Wish it was simpler to fly out and fly around on the hook for you.

We got lucky on a recent job of about 20-25 trees in roughly a 1/2 acre fenced in yard with house and landscaping. We originally thought most of the 30-50ft trees would need to be climbed, but only a few will be just to be safe. It's just a puzzle of which to fall first.

Equipment seems cheaper and cheaper everyday ( even though prices for iron are high now) compared to employees. I’m not the company owner and shit drives me nuts.

Neigbor's limb still there tonite. :popcorn: ;):|::/:

The young man showed up sometime yesterday (Friday) and finished the job approx 7pm. Did the climbing (lifted canopy of one less tree than I proposed) and dragged brush into backwoods.

For 5 hundo, we've all been there once or twice probably. ;)

Friend with a lot of equipment and a well-to-do clientele just can’t keep climbers. Paying top dollar, too (starts his climbers at $50/hr plus benefits, once up to speed they get $65) I bailed him out in the past but what with the arthritis and all I can’t do more than three days a week. Crane op at last job knows that I know him and told me that he again has zero climbers - both left in a week. It’s tough out there finding employees!

Is the problem the friend? You're gonna be climbing for someone, why wouldn't they stay at a job that pays pretty good?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pat I pay $500 a day plus a cash $100 bonus if we make $5K or more which is pretty much every day. My current climber on weds fell asleep in the truck on the way to work and then at 11 said he couldnt work any more as he was going to pass out ?? He was all pale and sweaty. Im guessing he ran out of whatever shit he was on.

I will be so pleased if I sell this business and dont have to be responsible for a bunch of drug addicts

It’s not just drugs the guy I used to sub for and vice versa made his way to the bottom of a bottle now he is yellow looking. I am sure his liver and kidneys are toast.

Friend is out on a peninsula between the Elk River and Chesapeake Bay- it’s a commute. Lots of rich neighbors, but he works the crew 4 tens/week: 6:00am to 4:00pm.

I’m pretty sure
Nicotene and Alcohol are The gateway drugs.

Paul, do you drug-test for hard drugs?
I’m pretty sure testing for hard drugs (ahead of time) is pointless. It leaves the blood stream quicker whereas shit like weed stay in the body for weeks

Back