TreeCareLA's new logo (I need your eyes!)

NickfromWI

King of Splices
I'm using this graphic design community website to have my company logo made. This is freakin' expensive (relatively speaking) but anyway... I've gotten to the end of phase one. I have about 50 designs to choose from, and I have to start separating the wheat from the chaff. Can you click here to let me know which you prefer....

https://99designs.com/logo-design/vote-xakyxx

I'd love to hear what y'all think!

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And I know some of you are too lazy to click without some good bait, so to whet your palette here's a pic of the designs you have to choose from..

treehouse logos.png

The one with the blue buildings in the background is my favorite by far, #16. I like the fanciful curves of the tree, contrasting with the rigid straight lines of the buildings. I think it speaks to LA people about their place.

I liked 33 and 16 but none of them are good to go without modification.

#16 out of the ones you featured is best for me...Jay is spot on.

(sideline...how's my splicing job coming? )..:D

16 by far but change the font to caps and lowercase except the LA...33 tree is too big on top, too round, have it spread out a bit, and/or the wording needs to be split to fit either side

33 and 16 as well... The blue is neat but also throws me off on 16... Don't know why. But blue is a good color for ads in a warmer environment like where you live and work. Might be good...

#16.
It is a very unusual design, and catches the eye ( my eye, at least).

I'm afraid I don't much care for any of them...which is a shame since I'm sure you've put some effort into this, as well as the cost.

I actually liked #18 the best, if I had to choose. Honestly Nick, I think you could do better if you designed your logo yourself. I struggled with this for a few months and started drawing and slapping things together and I get compliments on my logo all the time from customers.

All the logos submitted seem like computer generated logos. I guess which isn't a terrible thing, but tree care is a natural organic thing or can be presented that way as a selling point. Your logo can either help convey your company's 'feel' or take away from it.

I think it would be cool to put some type of rope theme through your logo, even if it is very subtle like a three strand as an underline or a braid inside some of the lettering or trees; just a thought. Give me a shout if you want some help designing.

jp:D

Darin, if he takes one of those, he will have a cost, no? Which he describes as freakin' expensive. I personally would not, but that's just me, to my eye.

Folks are bidding for his work, he hasn't paid a dime.

Not quite true. You pay $400, then it's all a contest. The designers aren't getting paid, YET. Website takes a cut, and the winning designer gets the rest.

My goal was $500 for a logo. I looked around LA and wasn't really happy with what that could get me. This website is pretty much the most amazing thing for logo design! (unless you know a good designer that will be extremely patient with you and give you a deal)

Darin, if he takes one of those, he will have a cost, no? Which he describes as freakin' expensive. I personally would not, but that's just me, to my eye.

You got it, Burnham. There are two options. The standard plan has no commitment if you aren't happy with any design. If you "guarantee" the prize, you get designers that are more vested, work with you more, and you CAN'T back out. Someone WILL get my money.

After a couple days and seeing that things were "good enough" I guaranteed the contest and the response has been over whelming! Since I posted the poll last night there have been about 30 or 40 new designs (some are just variations).

I like the idea, though. They submit designs, I tell them what I do and don't like, then they re do it to my liking. I notice some idea stealing going on, which is unfair, I spose, but it gives me a better product at the end, which is what I think what the designers want and the website owners, too.

Good luck with it, Nick...don't pay any attention to me not being taken by the designs, I'm just one old coot.

Back