tree sitters in Cali

I'm all for treesitting in the right place. (Especially if I have a hefty supply of stinger missiles and a .50 caliber rifle), but most activists are their own worst enemies. Particularly when the trees are'nt worth saving.

I respect anyone who is willing to face ridicule and discomfort for their convictions. I'd sign a petition and that is as far as my lazy, comfort addicted arse would go.

I don't know about the sitters... er the strippers or whatever... but screw the University's little gym project... probably planned and financed by a bunch of fat cat alumni looking to get buildings with their names on'em. Make'em tear down down something else instead of just sprawling more buildings everywhere.

I google mapped the campus and looked at the satellite photos. They really don't have a lot of green space. When I visited campuses for my kids, the ones with ample green space were much more appealing than those without.

The protestors were definately successful in their goal to get exposure to the cause. Ain't America great?

Back