SRT Seminar with Kevin Bingham

Wow Treestuff is gettin it done with seminars!! Very cool. I love the picture of the RW evolution.

Kevin is a stand up guy, knows his stuff. Case in point...not but a couple of months after I was putting some major negs on a minor part of his SRT Ropewrench unit on this selfsame website...not the WW itself, but a specific climber's deployment thereof...I met him at the ITCC meet in Portland, OR. He approached to me, based completely on recognizining my avatar and pics here. Totally friendly, open to my concerns.

Many a type A climber (is there any other kind?) would have got in my face. We had a nice conversation. Wish it could have been longer.

I'd attend a workshop he presented, in a heartbeat.

The WW may not be the be-all for SRT access imho, but be that as it may Kevin Bingham is the real deal.

I attended a demo Kevin did during a CA test prep class.

He hit me as a well spoken and competent climber and instructor.

I think any presentation he made would be very worthwhile.

If I had the time & Money I'd attend for sure.

Ive always said I like the HH better than the RW, when I first met Kevin he was like HEY MAN!!!! There isnt a mean bone in that dudes body. He is genuinely cool!

Yes, that is how he seems from afar, thru his posts.

Honestly thought the same cory! That is good to here because I think his ideas are brilliant. I would like to see Paul Cox and Kevin work on something together:/:

Man, I wanna go!

Tons of stuff to learn. I wonder if we will be able to purchase a video of some of the info covered?

BTW If anyone out there wants their rope wrench signed and plans to still use it, have him sign the inside, the outside will wear fast. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have room for folks to stay at the Day Camp, so if the hotel rates are keeping you away let me know.
I'll be up there Late Thursday or early Friday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
UPDATE: Concern is that the weather is looking bad for that weekend.
Kevin is still planning to do the Rope-Runner intro at the Tech Shop, with climbing for the hardy in a park nearby.
The day camp is a 50 minute drive away.
Forecast is for a low of 1F and a high of 14F.
More snow on the way, with a 70% chance of another 1" to 3" Sunday.
That with short days light-wise and questionable amount of snow on the grounds may mean the day camp portion will be postponed.
We'll keep you informed as far as decisions

Son (Andrew) and I made it down to Detroit and had a great time.
Got to meet some very cool people; some laid back folks, as well as others like, ahem, Bonner and Christian! (thanks for the TreeStuff swag, Nick!)
Kevin and Jeremy did a great presentation, and the host facility (Tech Shop) is amazing.
Crossing back into Canada involved answering about 150 questions from an incredulous Customs Officer......he couldn't wrap his head around the fact I drove 6 hours each way to go to an afternoon seminar, lol.

Back