Splice or no splice

greengreer

TreeHouser
I used to splice everything in the winters when I had time. A tight eye in a climb line is great. If you're mostly srt then it's not so important. Really good if you do alot of crane work.

Rigging wise, I prefer knots but sometimes it's much faster to use a piece of hardware (especially with loop runners).

If you're worried about knots decreasing strength I think you're pushing the rigging system to hard. 5:1 for static or 10:1 for dynamic are good factors to stay within so that knot shouldn't be of question.

flushcut

TreeHouser
All this talk of splicing taking sooooo much time, it’s like ten minutes to splice Stablebraid while drinking beer. The more you splice the faster you get at it. Besides splicing is a very convenient excuse to get out of family obligations and things in general you would rather not do.
You “Hey babe I need to spend an hour or two in the shop splicing up some gear”. Her “You’re splicing again!?” You “Yeah sweetie they are a consumable and I just want to be safe as possible and bring home as much money as possible to make you happy.”
See how that works? It’s like magic.