PB & J - Every Day!

Jim pies will vary a fair bit, you have the full spectrum from stores dedicated to gourmet pies with nothing but fresh top shelf ingredients down to frozen mystery meat pies at the gas station.

Our "gas stations" have pretty awesome kitchens that cook up some mighty tasty shit, although mostly fried. Meat pies, chicken, sausage, tater logs, livers, gizzards, okra, cheese sticks.

Myself, I luvs me some fresh fried livers!!!

Jim the pies are ok, I put them on par with Macdonalds in terms of nutritional benefit. There's a pie shop by the beach (30 km away from me) that we always visit- its insanely good, they got "bacon and cheese sausage rolls" and possibly 20 pie fillings including chicken, avocado & brie; beef stroganoff; beef burgundy. But yeah our gas stations don't really involve kitchens like what Butch mentioned (mainly frozen reheated pies etc and samiches) although once I lived across the road from one that contained a good turkish kebab shop and a fried fish counter, that was highly unusual..

I just had a pb and j sanga. Toasted multi grain bread, with crunchy peanut butter and blueberry jam. It was much better than I expected, 8/10.

Chris, good on ya for trying, glad you liked it.

MB, no one said servo food aint tasty!

Jimbo, "extra gluten", hahaha:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like pb and j and butter! It rounds it our and adds the extra fat. I also love the water from the tuna fish can. Perfect electolytes.

Have 7/11s in the states gone to stocking meals now? Over here they are loaded with different dishes, it really runs the gamut....pastas, things in meat sauces, macaroni and hamburger fare, breaded deep fried fish and beef or pork....always coming up with broadening choices. I rarely have had them, but they do look pretty good. Lots of salt no doubt, why I shy away and always have a packed lunch.. It is said that a lot of young people prefer those dishes over home cooked meals, and a young working wife and husband couple might be pretty much relying on them to survive, picking something up on the way home. At meal times it seems that they pretty much sell out.

I wouldn't like to have to choose to live off the stuff. I might get a salad now and then, vegetables are fresh, but if when opening the tightly sealed greasy dressing pack I shot it all over my shirt, it wouldn't be the first time. :(

Jay that's the new food market, ready made meals. They've obviously existed a while but the researchers/marketers have identified that demand is peaking out & people are too time poor to cook.

Chris, so there too. Also i think a big attraction is that the price you pay for those dishes is pretty equivalent to what the ingredients would cost if making it yourself. You get all the plastic packaging almost for free, and the microwave zap!!

I like pb and j and butter! It rounds it our and adds the extra fat. I also love the water from the tuna fish can. Perfect electolytes.

Thats funny. Dad makes all his sandwiches with butter and mayo. Makes PBJ sandwiches with butter for the kids.

They much prefer them to my wife's non buttered PBJ!

What about Kipper snacks? Anyone like those? We used to keep them in our saddle bags.

Just imagine how a couple of Bachman's warblers would spice up that lunch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the kipper snacks but they are much pricier than sardines and tuna. Every once in a while Ill help myself to a tine of the smoked oysters if I'm really feeling fancy. I used to eat the hell out of those vienna sausages in a can on saltines for lunch until I really thought about what I was eating.

Thinking about what you are eating can cause a lot of aggravation!

Thats true Cory. Some of you seem to worry about it quite a lot.

A can of Beanie Weenies is a welcome treat once in a while. Sometimes I like to take a can of corn. They come in the handy small size now with a pop top. No need to steal dads can opener.

Ground roast beef is great too.

I am going to have to try the frozen PBJ though.

Back