passing thru?

You never found the big oak, Jon?

Gerry, it's funny cause I jammed outa town around 3:00pm on Thursday to start heading south. Had to stop to pick up a gift for my step dad's birthday and by the time I came into Rumsey it was exactly 6:48pm which right now I missed the sun by about 20 minutes. I think I saw the oak, which is right off the highway?? Maybe only a few feet and I saw the major limbs that looked like recent failures? The oak I was thinking about though Gerry was that Henley? Oak which I googled and it's down by Bishop. Still a really impressive tree in Rumsey and only got to see it with the high beams.

jp:D

I'm back in Hawaii Stephen, got back on Sunday. I know it sounds weird, but I'm kinda missing the Cali countryside and the cold :)

jp:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
you're welcome back anytime jp
you should try the different seasons here
i'm always game for passing thru climbers to get a day or two's work
now that its just me and julio
till logging starts and then im searchin again while sets chokers

No. Covelo is East of us about eighty miles. Northeast of Willits a ways. I'll see if I can get Jer to post that pic again, it's in his computer-not mine. It's a grand tree and well worth a visit. On private property but we drove in the gate and asked for permission to photograph. You can see it from the road but the pics are better up close!

Covelo Oak

Attachments

• DSCF7143.jpg
    DSCF7143.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF7142.jpg
    DSCF7142.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF7140.jpg
    DSCF7140.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 37
Back