Old guy, old pack!, new hip!!

Great pictures, Burnham.
Bet the old mutt enjoyed going backpacking again.
You west coasters sure are blessed when it comes to scenery.

Oh shit!
Now how do I get out of that one?
Maybe use the classic:" English is not my native tounge" defense:lol:

Burnham,
those are some gorgeous pictures! And I know from personal experience the camera NEVER captures near what you really see. ;)
So glad to hear you're able to get out and enjoy seeing it "up close".
Hope to see pics of more of your "adventures" soon! :D

Burnham, no 40 lb packs for little dude yet, he is light of frame like his pops so a pack half his weight is about 21 lbs max. He has a pack with sleeping and eating kit with 2 changes of clothes and a couple knick knacks which comes in about 10 pounds. Longest he has carried it was for about 15 minutes of a half hour hike early this summer. I think he needs more practice :)

Is that a health or an animal's rights choice?

Neither, I just never could stand the taste of meat, even as a small kid.

I have no problems with others eating meat, in fact I used to raise beef myself, when I first bought my property.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Burnham, no 40 lb packs for little dude yet, he is light of frame like his pops so a pack half his weight is about 21 lbs max. He has a pack with sleeping and eating kit with 2 changes of clothes and a couple knick knacks which comes in about 10 pounds. Longest he has carried it was for about 15 minutes of a half hour hike early this summer. I think he needs more practice :)

More than practice, perhaps a little more muscle mass :).

10 pounds at his age is plenty enough, for sure.

All in due time sir. I like my pack around 30-40 lbs and I go about 155 soaking wet, strength and endurance come with practice and good eating I think :)

Back