Jerry Beranek's Washington Model 88 yarder video

Burnham

Woods walker
Jer, I've just finished watching, for the third time mind you, your fine video on cable yarding in general and the model 88 in particular. What a fine trip down memory lane. We actually didn't see near as many Washington yarders up here in NW Oregon as the other makes...seems like the Skagits and Willamettes were more common, but I sure recall a few making it into my neck of the woods.

If any of y'all are at all interested in understanding how high lead logging works, and seeing some extraodinary modern footage of an old timer still flying some big timber, you owe it to yourself to get this vid from Jerry.

Thanks for sharing, Jerry. This is great...I know I'm not done viewing this one.

Awesome DVD for sure. I'm always impressed with Jerry's camera work both in pictures and on film. He has a way of transporting you right into the woods where the action is. I've never had the chance to see a yarder operation so Jerry's video is that much more neat to watch.

Over here in the hilly, mountainous area of NH, were I live, a lot of loggers still run the old, cable skidders. Feller bunchers and grapple skidders don't work to well up there and a lot of home owners prefer the smaller, less intrusive skidders.

Keep up the great work Jer!

Back