Is bugging out a realistic idea?

A great book and movie were done about him.

Paul, sounds like a superb setup you have

My opinion is that you would be hard pressed to bug out in the northeast USA. There is no place to bug out to! Maybe head northwest into Canada. I guess you could try to disappear into the woods, but im guessing that the woods would be full! You could stay in your home, but you would need your entire town to be on the same page. So in conclusion no. Lol

I can fit everything I need in a medium ALICE pack, and a RadioFlyer Town & Country wagon. I'm not sure exactly what 'bugging out' means though. Aside from better weather, I don't know what any place else has over where I already am. As far as "prepping" goes, I already do that, cause I find things I like at a discount, and buy a lot of it. I'm not prepping against anything aside inflation though.

That's very disappointing.

I expected much more from you.

Like loading up every gun and magazine you can get your hands on and taking out as many worthless losers as possible before you exit!
Why would I? Seriously. Humanity is doing a fine job going to Hell in a handbasket without my help. If I decided to get off the ride before the end, why in the world would I want to take others with me? Not my place to make that choice for others.

Well, Brett with you being an ultra christian, one tends to forget you might have a sense of humor.

Kidding, of course, just forgot to add the emoji.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I made a MidwayUSA order, kept putting the Cold Steel Trailmaster hatchet/axe in my cart and taking it out, kept thinking "I really don't want to use and axe, not ever again!" I made my order, without it. The next day they had it bundled with a Cold Steel SRK, I own and am a huge fan of the original version "Made in USA", but this one gets decent reviews and it was only another $20, I ordered it and a Lansky axe stone.
I also got a new handle for my double bit axe that was split. Striped the lacquer off of both and rubbed them down with Tung oil.
No, I'm not planning to bug out, and no, I hope I never need any of it, but I'd rather have it and not need it.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you've been wanting one, there's not much better time than now to get one, they are reasonably priced atm, not sure how long that will last.
The combo I got.
Cold Steel Trail Boss Hatchet & SRK Fixed Blade Knife Combo (midwayusa.com)
The SK5 SRK by itself.
Cold Steel SRK Fixed Blade Knife 6 Clip Point SK-5 Steel Blade Kray-Ex (midwayusa.com)

Always regretted not buying an original Recon Tanto back in the day, they came out like six months after I ordered my SRK from Smokey Mountain knife works and I just couldn't see the need for both, hindsight.......

Back