Intermittent fasting

@cory what do you drink at work? I can easily go without food, but I'm usually drinking a little sugar (Gatorade, sometimes diluted, well sometimes concentrated, but I balance that with extra water).

Bigger saws, bigger trees, longer hours, and more protein. Also rest a day or three between that hard work to give the body plenty of time to recover and build.
I have a lazy day job. Summers too hot to go outside…so I just need to work out in summer but I let myself go aside from some trees in the mntns. I’ll be going full bore all winter.

When I was a kid I built portable buildings…all heavy hand work. I was 185 lbs of hard muscle. Age sucks…

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@cory what do you drink at work? I can easily go without food, but I'm usually drinking a little sugar (Gatorade, sometimes diluted, well sometimes concentrated, but I balance that with extra water)

During the especially hot summer days, I drink some sort of electrolyte or coconut water, those both work well for me. Outside of work I drink only water 24/7. I've always drunk city tap water until recently when I tried a blind taste test between tap water and my wife's countertop water filter. Hands down the filtered water tasted better so I've been going that route since.

Go keto. Proteins, fats, salt. Carbs are evil. Embrace the suck. Up your electrolytes considerably. Avoid packaged and processed foods.

Then you sweat. Hard work, Push-ups, etc. Chase your wife around nekid, get some testosterone flowing. Lift heavy things and put them back down again.

Also, don't skip rest days, and make sure you're actually resting.

What are these “rest days” you speak of?
I’m kidding. Kind of. I agree with most of what you said but I think active recovery is the way to go. But I also don’t do a work out that kicks my ass often. My recovery day I usually get a couple mile ruck in before the rest of my house hold is awake.

Back