I failed

Naturarbo

Naturarbo
On last job
Top rigging anchor, redirect to a lower point, then redirect to a higher point...cut a piece and I believed that 3 rigging points would take all the momentum.
Next piece cames down and the all tree shakes hard.
The redirect to a higher point was the mistake or...???
Later that day I found out a bit of the tree past and major roots have been cut to build garden or was this the reason for the reaction?

That is very possible. Or the piece had too much momentum/ swing. Tag lines or a butt tie to help control the swing. Or if the rig point is high enough and strong enough something like a GRCS can be used to negate the negative drop almost making the piece come off of the cut static.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That is very possible. Or the piece had too much momentum/ swing. Tag lines or a butt tie to help control the swing. Or if the rig point is high enough and strong enough something like a GRCS can be used to negate the negative drop almost making the piece come off of the cut static.
Lasr anchor was above piece.

i tend to view it as a better/stronger rigging system when i shake the whole tree opposed to just a portion of it. sometimes i do what i think you describe to load two high anchorpoints in compression rather than pulling them together.

cut roots is obviously not very good.

Back