Homemade sauerkraut

I do likes me some borscht as well, though I prefer spinach borscht over beet borscht. Most delis serving it in the US have the beet kind, I believe. Don't forget the sour cream!

Or how about Haggis? I only had that once, in a Buck's pub on New Years, and Gawd it was horrible, couldn't get one bite down. There isn't much that I won't eat.

I heard about balut from some of the Filipinos when I was living in Hawaii. I have absolutely no desire to try that.

Well now there's a lot of difference between a pickled egg and a fermented egg .I'd be a little hesitant about eating a rotten egg ,salmanilla or Montazumas revenge . Those Philipinos must have cast iron stomachs .

There's nothing 'rotten' about it at all. It's a fresh, living egg that (they let develop anywhere from 10 to 18 days) they boil like a hard boiled egg. It looks gross, but tastes GREAT! I ate 2 or 3 every day when I was there.

So then from what is said they let an embryo partially develop then boil it .I was under the false impression it was just an egg they buried in the sand in a cave for three months .

Well it doesn't sound quit as bad but evidently Butch has a cast iron stomach too . The very thought about makes me ill .

What I think would be bad is if the embryo developed to the point that damned thing had feathers before they boiled it .Lawdy you can't digest feathers I shouldn't think unless you were a turtle or alligator .

They take a live egg and cover it with sand with heat lamps on it to simulate the hen. 10 days old isn't bad, the bird is barely developed. It's like eating a weird hard boiled egg. 18 days is a whole 'nother story, I wouldn't touch it. The bird is almost completely developed with the beginnings of feathers. VERY gross.

Not to mention the fact at some time during incubation that thing will have a beak and feet with toe nails .Bones too .I'd about think it would be akin to munching on uncooked macaroni in an egg shell .Might as well eat the shell too if that be the case .

This thread makes me want to throw up all over the place. I like sauerkraut. The rest of these four pages is repulsive.

:big-tongue2:

Saurkraut and kimchi gives me gas. Of course the kimchi is a little on the hot side if you're not used to eating it .For that matter pickled eggs have the same effect .I can't help but wonder what those half incubated eggs would do . What gigantic fart with feathers ?That couldn't be good .

What about a Century egg? You know, the ones that are buried and such? The yolk turns green and the white turns black. I would have a hard time trying one of those.

Why do they have pickled eggs in a bar? I love them but how much more damage do my guts need after drinking whisky and water all night?

Chocolates go best with whiskey. Don't believe me? Give it a shot. Just like peanut butter brings out the flavor in coffee.

The one taste of some food that I can't get a handle on is bitter. Some local cuisine is quite bitter. My mouth kind of shrivels up. Some locals feel the same, but most really like it.

I cant think of anything bitter. I always get bitter and sour confused. I have read where some Asian chefs can incorporate all the tastes on one plate. Sounds wild. I eat in a very American way, with all things eaten one at a time. I joke that my kiwi father in law could be very happy eating out of a bucket, he likes to mix everything together.

Butch, do you put the peanut butter in the coffee or take a bite and then a drink?

Back