Hey Jay!

Looks like it has no brakes or is has an internal brake in the rear hub allowing for lightweight rims.

Triple wall rims, super strong and supposed to help with aerodynamics. The rear has a coaster brake, like the old school bikes, Pedal backwards to brake.

That looks fun, though the twine and resin reinforcement detracted from the overall finish significantly. I think a nice wrap of 'glass fabric would have been less bulky and give a better product, both strength-wise and for aesthetics.

Cool as all, even so.

Thanks for posting that, Ed. I really like the darker bamboo from heat treating. The moisture that comes out of heat treating bamboo has some very good nutrient quality for use as a fertilizer. It is collected and sold. Reputed to grow hair as well, but I got tired of my head smelling like smoke so i gave up the treatment. :|:

The catcher with wood bikes has always been at the lug attachment points, where he used the twine. I agree, it does detract a bit, but a cool overall effort, I think. Wonder how it feels to ride, I'd love to go for a spin.

Andy could be right, but my guess is that the bike doesn't have brakes, set up as a fixed gear single speed with no freewheel, so stopping pedaling will stop the bike...the same as a track bike. That hub probably has a cam like thing built into the attachment point, otherwise there is no way to adjust for the chain tension. Those are available for when converting a road bike into a single speed, where the derailer is eliminated, and there would be no way to have chain tension adjustment. The wheels might be aluminum or carbon rims, done with aerodynamic spokes. I have never seen that green color before though, usually they are black when carbon. I have bamboo and I have bike parts....hmmm....

Back