haunted jobs

thattreeguy

TreeHouser
ok, it sounds weird
but all of us tree people feel the connection of the plant kingdom, its spirit or pulse if you will.
and some of us can feel deeper into the spirit world.....follow me here

so i did a job for the mom in law and her house has a spirit that haunts it
its on the disclosure of the deed
we call it nana and its just kinda a mean lil prankster, moves things ...
well ...and it hates men

the big tree out front, co dom at base, over weight limbs, decayed at base 30 percent or more
it started looking like it was gonna go over in the storms if not lose some limbs soon

so i go over the other evening unload my gear and get with killing it

i kicked its azz and finished in the dark by street light, load up gear and scoot

next morn, my pole hedger's gone....

so i get a new one after an extensive search, and finish my day

so yesterday i go over to chip,
every things fine except its taking way too long to get the brush out so i shut the chipper down and made a huge pile

then the chipper wouldnt start
and still wont, battery is at 13 amps,turn the key the gauges go on and thats it

so i figure screw it ill get all the brush out, and i go in to buck a piece off the fence, and somehow my climb line falls out of the tree and ontop of my saw, cutting my rope about a third of it .....damn it

i cant win with nana around..i dont want to go back, but i have to, maybe hand loading on the trailer will be safer
no way will i take the dingo over there
so my free bee job for the in law cost me so far 450 for the pole hedger, and about 100 to 125 for the rope
and god only knows on the chipper, i gotta trace wires today and hope it doesnt have to go to the shop

anyone else had experiences like this with haunted places?
some jobs go chitty, but this is way beyond normal chitty

very cool man, I lived in a house that was over 150 years old, lots of spirits and shadows...

stuff would get moved, things would get opened, you would see glimpses of stuff.

One time I was coming out of my den, saw the walk-in pantry open and a blonde woman going in it, I yelled out " hey thought you were having a tea"?

Kelly's voice came from the living room, NOT the pantry, freaked me out a bit, I saw her a few more times after that.

The house holds many secrets.

Over here they say that cutting shrine trees lets yourself open to some negative possibilities. You often need elaborate permission to get the ok to remove them, then there is the ceremony in the morning of the cutting. A priest comes in to do the rite, some sake and salt is put on the tree, people bow their heads. Sometimes we nix the priest and do it ourselves. I particularly like the part where the tree guys get their nip too. I've heard stories....

hmmmmm, scientific fact, all things are energy, basis physics teaches us that energy can never die, it can only change form.

so who says boss? could very well be. ;) just science man, just science....

Casper and Boo Radley can ruin a tree job.

I gotta shaman on speed dial for such jobs,
I'll put it in the bid if I know ahead of time.

I admit, I am superstitious. Cross my fingers.

I like to feel that everything has a Scientific explanation....but sometimes it just takes more time than we have to know it yet.

We have a neighbor in a very old house that they claim has a spirit. My first thought is 'yeah, sure'....but when the stories start flying, I simply quit listening. I'm very uncomfortable when I can't explain 'why'.....and have no way to disprove what they say happened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i lived in an old farm house in loleta that had a lil boy 's spirit in it,
my daughter saw him, you could sometimes see it looking out the upstairs window
the heater was always being turned off, and the cabinets were always opening on their own, even with good magnets on them

i believe a soul can get trapped here

sometimes i smell flowers overwhelming me when there is none around, sweet smell like star gazer lilly or tube a rose
i believe its a lil love being scent my way

and yes i relocate all salamanders and newts that i displace during work

the karuk peoples believe them to be somehow a connection to the spirit world,
so im real nice about moving them

my karmas been good , and i dont think i did much of anything to get slapped by karma
we will see

At Jap funerals they call the dead person's spirit and then send them on their way. The priests start chanting and it reaches a crescendo. I can feel something strange unnerving in the room. It feels much better after they move on, more peaceful.

You should read some Tom Brown Jr.

I believe in ghosts.

I'm very appreciative that none are currently jacking me up.
Everything I ever saw was before I even knew what drugs were.

Some here will kindly remember my story about when a ghost jumped out of his coffin and grabbed me around the neck as I rode by the procession carrying him while on my bike.... I did go back and confirm with a neighbor a few days later that in fact it was an old gray haired man who had died, as I had observed when he hitched a brief ride until I shook him off. It was all very intuitive.

Back