First thoughts on the MCRS.

Grendel

TreeHouser
Friday after work I had a long awaited box sitting in the back of my pickup.

DSC04603.jpg

Initial inspection was a treat. Everything looked excellent. Workmanship was exactly what I expected. After half an hour setting the initial adjustments in a close aproximation of my old saddle, I threw a line in the backyard pine.

DSC04593.jpg

My first impressions are very positive. The padding on this saddle is exceptional. I was always a big fan of the idea, but I'll admit I was sceptical about the leg pads. I thought the rope would shift and possibley constrict the legs through the padding. Such was not the case. Most of the weight centers on the ring, and the belting and padding work in concert to spread out the pressure. Hanging in the saddle was very comfortable. Moreso than my well used Buck Ergolite.

DSC04592.jpg

Standing against my lanyard was equally supportive. Again, while a big fan of the concept, I was sceptical. I thought the rope and rings might shift and bind when trying to pay out slack on just one side of the lanyard. This didn't happen, and under tension everything stayed right where it was supposed to. Adjustment was easy, and virtually unlimited.

DSC04600.jpg

Treestuff has done an awesome job in this puppy. It is built like an absolute tank, and at the same time it is very plush and comfey on the inside. They provided pleanty of shock cord and bungee material to set up your farmiliar gear loops and locations. The Singing rock caritool thing works like a charm with the rope, as does the little CT wire gate they sent, provided you use keepers. The bridge is pleanty long and easily adjusted. A spare is provided in the kit.

DSC04608.jpg

DSC04609.jpg

All in all my initial impressions on the range of movement are striking. The suspension really flows with you. Stepping, slididng, twisting and leaning are all accompanied by the suspension adjusting with your movements. It is a slick system. And my favorite part, everything can be replaced, with rope. How cool is that? 8)

Thanks to Matt, and Luke, and everyone involved. I throughlly enjoyed my first trip out in your new saddle.

Cheers Everyone!

~Sam

ETA: I'm still adjusting a bit. Belt connection and bridge were a little long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That will take some getting used to. You need to clip from the inside out, or you can hook the channeling along with the ring.

ETA: I retract the above statement. Once the knots cinch down the rings kind of 'dog-ear' out and are easy to snag with lanyard biners.

Day off today, so I went out for some SRT and swinging and stuff.

DSC04611.jpg

DSC04610.jpg

DSC04612.jpg

DSC04619.jpg

DSC04618.jpg

DSC04621.jpg

Spent a lot of time hanging. I like it.

Agreed Butch ...Great looking design but I would need a bigger piece of Steel for my safeties though I am sure the Aluminum rings are plenty strong. What's it Cost ?

How are they at staying put on the leg. My initial thought would be to make some sort of elastic webbing to wrap around the leg, with some buckle of some sort.

The leather seems to grab on the fabric of my pants very well. It is a step through design, but if you wanted, some kind of buckle and elastic assembly could certainly be added without much difficulty.

:lol:

Yeah, I'm sure all the crew guys out there making $15 an hour will be all over this. . .

Figure I just paid almost that for a Tree Austria on sale. Now granted, I also bought the suspenders that rate for fall arrest. A serious consideration. And no, I can't believe I paid that much either.. But it was ON SALE.. LOL

Anyone here ever own the Karl Kuemmerling rope saddle that was the original inspiration for this? Was it sold as a full kit like the MCRS or just the pads?

Back