falling limb kills....

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2K
Ive always been suprised it doesn't happen more often but that could be a tree guy looking and going that one's scary, and that one ect.

Ive always been suprised it doesn't happen more often but that could be a tree guy looking and going that one's scary, and that one ect.

Same thoughts here. There are at least 4-5 trees within a few miles of my house that look like they could fall any day. I'd like the power company to take them out before they fall on the power lines, but that's not how they operate.:roll:

Same thoughts here. There are at least 4-5 trees within a few miles of my house that look like they could fall any day. I'd like the power company to take them out before they fall on the power lines, but that's not how they operate.:roll:

and yet it always seems to be the sound trees that fail...those dodgy ones seem to stand up time and time again!

I may be an elder to some... But at 55 I would not consider myself "elderly" ;)
I can't be "elderly", my kids are too young and I have to be able to catch them.. :lol:

We had a 23 yr old want to work with us a couple yrs ago. He made the miistake of telling Marlene, "it shouldn't be too tough keeping up to a couple 50 yr olds". While we were heading home in the truck, he announced that he "couldn't believe he got his butt kicked by a 50 yr old WOMAN". Ha he didn't (said couldn't) show up for work the next day.:lol:

Don't ya just love that... :D

We used to hire the late teen and early 20 somethings. They could barely keep up with the couple of old guys..... :lol:

Ran into that at work this summer after my hernia surgery and biopsy surgery. Just don't have the patience to wait on the kids any more I guess. It is hard going back into the public sector after I worked most summers with a fellow a few years older than myself, who often out worked me. By the way, 63 is not elderly either.

My dad is 78 and still quite active and agile even considering his Valley Fever some years back.
He has never been lightening.. Just very thorough, and steady, no wasted movement. It really used to frustrate the young guys at the plumbing shop. He looked like he was barely moving and they would try and race him.. They would turn around to check on his progress... he was all done before they were. No hurry, no mistakes.. Just steady and meticulous.
I hope I still have my dad's energy when I hit his age.

That's what I am saying.. I hope to still be able to play in the trees into my dads age. One can only hope.. I think buying a Wraptor would help with that dream.

My dad is going to be 93 in April and he still comes out to work with us once in a while.

My dad was still doing some free climbing on his own trees at 70... Now my mom makes me do them.. :lol:
My Dad is thankful now that I am doing it instead of him. But it took a while to convince him.. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
70 is the new 50, for real :)

Back