Everyday working man.

I have a 2100. i didn't recognize the one in Norm's pic, for mine is missing its filter cover. In it's place is a velocity stack with a BHAF. Saw has be heavily moded including finger ports. I don't classify this Husky as a work saw. I haven't raced it yet. Ran it for a minute or two to hear it blow smoke. It is sporting a 42'' bar. I don't know the year of this animal, but would classify this one as a "pro saw."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Husky 2100 has been a pro saw, by weight and cubic inches alone, in my neck of the woods since the early 80s. They were real popular in the old growth back then, pulling a 42 to 54 inch chain.

In the years since I've often wondered if the model 2100 today is the same as its namesake of the 1980s. Intuitively I have long assume not, by a number of measures. But someone more educated in models of pro saw through the years could shed light on my wonder.
Awesome I had wondered your opinion on them. I know in your high climbers timber fallers book. I noticed quite a few. I have one of the last runs of them 89 or so I think 2101. There were not a ton of changes, between the 1100 days, 2100, and 2101.

I have a 2100. i didn't recognize the one in Norm's pic, for mine is missing its filter cover. In it's place is a velocity stack with a BHAF. Saw has be heavily moded including finger ports. I don't classify this Husky as a work saw. I haven't raced it yet. Ran it for a minute or two to hear it blow smoke. It is sporting a 42'' bar. I don't know the year of this animal, but would classify this one as a "pro saw."
Yes, my other one has the v stack, this one soon will too. Simply to get a better more up to date air filter. They sure do look different with the cover on.

Nice images, Norm. Looks a dream job.

I see lots of good pick points to work from.
Thank Amigo. They need deadwood cleanup and widowmakers removed. Mainly widowmakers. I'm thinking 2 of my climbers with me and 4 days or so. This one was a dandy. Some real good trees in there. Multiple groves.

One of my climbers and I hazard pine takedown. Thing was a flimsy dead pole. Still sound enough for him to climb. Cobb mountain area loch lomond road. Lake county ca.

Attachments

• 20231129_131940.jpg
    20231129_131940.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 21
  • 20231129_131821.jpg
    20231129_131821.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20231129_130319.jpg
    20231129_130319.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20231129_130208.jpg
    20231129_130208.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 21
Just me, nice pictures BTW, but I would have gone after the really tall dead one and tied off on that to swing from one to another if possible. Makes those wiggly skinny flimsy ones more easy on the climber.
Yeah we thought about it. But Michael is real seasoned, and since it was not a safety issue we saved the time to go up the skinny one. And it was very manageable. But swinging off the other is a good thought too. Left it up to him. Thanks on pictures. I try to get good ones not all turn out:)

Back