Despised two piece rakers , gimme the Good Stuff

Altissimus

TreeHouser
...went here instead of Chainsaws as the big saws are fine , small pitch chain w a logger style single piece easy to file rake are now unavailable for the small climb saws. This fact sucks. Some sort of new "safety" rule. Asked saw shop if I went to spools , bought the spinner / breaker and driver chart ... No supply they said. SO the question is now if I bought the acutrements from say Bailey's could I internet order the spools from some free country like Canada or Mexico ? My guess is they are still manufactured.

That is stupid to no longer offer the best chain. Someone gave me a mess of chains from a saw rental place, apparently they put on a new chain after each use. People get wild i could see. They were pretty much a safety chain with a two piece ramped type raker. I found that i could grind down the ramps on a bench grinder. Pita but doable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The old rule was small saws sold new w safety chain , in the shop when sold I would have them replace the chain.

I hadn't heard that, saw shop always sets us up without that stuff. I'm sure it is still available. If it's going out, i'll buy a roll too. We spin the big ones, no reason not to do little ones I guess

Back