Coffee.

Stove top 'perk' pot here, Tasmanian roasters Columbian or Rich Amsara. Water in the bottom of the SS pot, upside down SS funnel with a tube, fill the basket with grounds and put it on the tube. Whole lot on the stove top, has a little glass knob on top so you can see the colour of the coffee as the water boils and it comes up the tube and drains though the grinds in the basket.
It's the male of the species job to start it in the morning, the smell usually awakens the female...

We have a 'pour over' and specialty brew tiny little cafe here called aptly 'Dinki'. We are hooked on his BonBom. A double wall glass cup, espresso size, filled with weighed and measured pour over coffee, then a healthy squeeze of condensed milk that sinks to the bottom. As a wee spoon and stir...very nice.

I'm not addicted to coffee. I can not drink for weeks, but I can drink several cups. I like Turkish coffee without sugar and milk. Recently I tried Luvak coffee. Amazing filth.

Last edited:
Lotsa beans here. Intoxicating and fascinating.
Visited the Doka plantation in Costa Rica in 2020.
Photo of my boss, er, better half

Attachments

• 20200119_110158.jpg
    20200119_110158.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200119_104940.jpg
    20200119_104940.jpg
    860.6 KB · Views: 9
Too expensive to consciously order, but if an opportunity to try it *now* dropped in my lap, I'd try it. I'm more interested in the Turkish coffee. That's something I've wanted to try or awhile. I just need to make the time to do it. I want to get it as close as possible without buying specialized gear.

Bermy, I’m having a hard time getting a visual on your pot, do you have a picture? Sounds interesting.
The old stove top style coffee maker like your grandma used when you were a kid. Or what the cowboys use over the campfire in the movies. My mom had the fancy 'percolator' one which actually plugged in to an electrical outlet!

I have a couple electropercs I got from the thriftshop. I really like them, and used one for years, but I've discovered I don't know how to analyze them. None of mine currently work, and a couple I never used. I tested them for function in the shop, and they got hot, but they don't get hot enough. I've kept them with the intention of taking them apart to try to fix them, but I don't know if that'll ever happen.

My dad had a stove-top perculator, when I was kid.

Mostly just machine-drip coffee, which sounds like an automated pour-over, or perculator for me.

When a cut from TB came up for a storm, he couldn't find a cup of coffee, they only had pour- overs and between the two sides, didn't seem to be able to translate it to pour-hot-water- over- ground-coffee- beans and drink.

Back