Check out this little saw

Friend of mine has one its teensy!
It's fine for HO use...or maybe by the chipper?

For $159.99 + tax they can keep it from my POV ... Looks like a sharp pair of loppers will take care of the groundwork and hand shears will clean up the top. It is an interesting tool and I must admit I wouldn’t mind monkeying around just to see the product in action ... I’d want it to cut at least 50% faster though !

What were the calipers for at 0:55; checking for bar clearance? :^P

Til the end, I thought the flippy cap on the side was bar oil. I was wondering why he started by hand oiling the chain. Seems highly specialized to me. Might be pretty cool for exactly the right person, but that person isn't me.

Now HTF am I supposed to use two hands on that? My dealer tells me they can’t keep them in stock though. Must be a lot of homeowners out there thinking my rates for ornamental pruning are to high

Guy at one of our hardware stores unpacked one, came over to me......
"Did hu ou see this? Bet you could use one of these!" All excited.
I laughed.... loudly.. ..

Makita had(looks like it's discontinued?) a 4.5" saw. I was making fun of that when I saw it. I ran across it looking at HomeDepot's site, and the 4.5" in the description grabbed my eye. "Wait. what?!" :^D

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Makita-XCU01Z-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Chain/dp/B00NNPWEWQ

Almost as heavy as a 2511t...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Might make a good self defense in places that doesn't allow guns. I'd rather take a bullet than to get eaten up by that thing.

Hell, with the hand oiled chain and the super wierd safety guards, I'll die of old age before you could figure out how to stab me with it :lol:

Based upon Burnham's recommendation, I just ordered one. It will be my backup and in the event I lose my current knife I'll have one ready to go.

It's very light, the pocket clip works better than some, and if you keep a tiny bit of oil on the pivot pin from time to time, it opens as easy as can be with a flick of your forefinger. Has a thumb stud too, if you prefer that method.

Back