Carbon fiber chainsaw

Reddog

TreeHouser
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wsGvtZat8KU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

While that is all cool and stuff.

Seems maybe it would have been time better spent on fixing the shitty 201T to match the 200T in performance.
Or maybe getting the MS661 back on shelves after a manufacturer recall.

And while I had high hopes for future carbon fiber guide bars, that thing looks like a wet noodle on the bore cut.

But it will look badass on display at the forestry shows. :lol:

I love my 10 year old 200. She cuts like a BEEYOTCH!

Bear in mind, I don't use it every day... it's my personal saw... my badass saw!

Page 1
PRESS RELEASE
04/29/2014.
I can not believe - not impossible, STIHL chainsaw Carbon Concept
STIHL enlightens us by showing what could be possible in the future of high-quality
chainsaws product development.
Although STIHL chainsaw Carbon Concept hardly ever comes to production, so what looks like STIHL
is possible when the product development team responsible be given a free hand.
The result is a chain saw:
- Which is the world's most modern technology and the characteristics of
- With the world's best power-to-weight ratio of 1.11kg per kW (without guide bar and chain)
- Which is the lightest in its class thanks to the generous use of carbon fiber
- With the fuel injection on the first Chainsaw in the world
STIHL chainsaw Carbon Concept is not just meant for viewing, but it is also a job.
Feather-light weight it is easy to handle. Carbon Fiber 63cm long bar, weighing in at half a pound
less than a similar size to a normal bar. Carbon fiber is used in addition to the chain saw
other fine materials such as titanium and heat-insulating aluminum. Overall, the STIHL
Carbon Concept chainsaw weighs only 7.3kg and can be found in great power of 5.4kW (7.5hv). Such a power-
the weight ratio of the area has not ever been achieved.
Carbon Concept STIHL chainsaw is, therefore, a study from chain saws could be sometimes
in the future. The concept chain saw design and construction of the STIHL has been able to
learn things that should be taken into account, as well as introduce new products have been developing.
So we can stay with great interest to wait for the future and what kind of awesome high-tech products
STIHL's have up his sleeve.

carbonfiber.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FBdJ-SUbE4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The costs of carbon fiber production has come way down, much in part to it having become a major part of the higher end bicycle industry. I don't believe the costs would be prohibitive for saws, if a regular production for specific parts was set up. You don't want to be using carbon fiber when lightning is around. Much a cautionary with fiber shaft golf clubs, fishing poles, etc.

Actually as a rule carbon fiber is more robust than aluminum for impact .I wouldn't doubt as time goes on and they figure how to manufacture the material more cheaply we'll probabley see a lot more of it .

Back