Canon 1D Mark III body for sale

treesmith

Banned
Several years ago, my wife got interested in photography so I bought her a Canon 1D Mark III. A couple of years later, she wanted a newer model so I bought her a 5D. She hasn’t used the 1D in quite a while so we may as well part with it.

Body, strap, charger, two or three batteries (not sure if they’re still good), couple of books about the 1D, original box. Asking $600.
8DBCE881-7AB9-46D8-92A3-77879D4FB3CC.jpeg 2415021F-9BCA-419A-8DDC-32D0569ABAD0.jpeg 981B2F81-D578-4E3F-85F1-EF33A294E381.jpeg

i dont know much about cameras, but i wonder if that thing takes any different quality pictures than a newer phone.

In easy mode no less. A good phone camera(I don't have one) can make even my lame ass pics look decent.

edit:
Ya know, I've been marveling over the High Climbers book I just got. We're lucky to have that available. It's one thing to pull a phone out of your pocket and snap a couple pics, but it's entirely another thing to haul old school camera gear out in the field, take pictures, and still get your real job done while out there. That's a fantastic resource documenting the twilight years of big timber logging.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They don't retail for over $4k because of taking poor quality pics....

i dont know much about cameras, but i wonder if that thing takes any different quality pictures than a newer phone.

It depends on the context. In great light and slow motion (not action) phones do phenomenal delivering to social media (smaller output format). Computational photography is a thing and it’s great.

As conditions get worse, phones start falling apart as cameras.

This was taken from ~55 yards away, good light. Taken on a real camera, edited on my phone, and sent out maybe 2 minutes after it happened to my chatroom
1618873432786.jpeg

My phone’s picture (wide angle) from that perch.
1618873530134.jpeg

Carl, for those action shots were you shooting through the wire fence?

Yeah, it's netting. For a trick I'll put my hand over the lens while someone is looking at the camera, it can see around my hand "just fine". Can't do that with a cellphone. 😂

Back