Canada Day!

If you want excitement, try celebrating the birthday of the man that is the direct descendent of the sun goddess, just like his old man.

Raj. I'm always happy to see you don't object to my outlook.
My 2 year old daughter freaked out at the fireworks so I took her home.

She was shaking and saying "daddy daddy daddy ".

It made me think of the children in the countries we bomb from the air. There are many such countries and countless children and those children have very good reasons to be scared.
And then I think of the ill-conceived arguments and bullshit justification for it (terrorism, humanrights, womans rights, homosexuality) and the indifference and I think f y c.

So I went into the local indie bar and we had a beer and watched the rock and roll girls dance and sing about sex and she was happy.

O Canada 2015

It's true that fireworks can make for some rather unpleasant associations for people that have experienced the trauma of warfare. Also thunderstorms, but you can't stop that. In Asia, fireworks spectacles aren't generally intended to celebrate some previous conflict achievement where somebody won, simply to put on a show. They can do a good job of it as well. Still, it freaks out the dogs in the neighbourhood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well great to see so many patriotic Canadians. I had a fantastic time yesterday along with many others who actually love living in one of the best countries on earth, but to each their own. I'm sure it was just as fun to bitch and moan about how crappy Canada is from the comfort of well.....Canada.

Life's to short to not embrace the good times.

Yeah, what does Reg look like when he smiles? Like he is trying to pass a stone?

Tree guys are sure a non smiling bunch. Brooding even. While trying to enjoy a can of cat food........

I can smile and laugh Jim. Just not at that particular moment. I just took too much on yesterday, didn't drink nearly enough water, so was pretty sick by the end of it.

Wah that was a rocking post!:D

When I saw your photo the first thing I thought about were the Reg comments, lol.

Back