BUGZ?

Limbrat

TreeHouser
1292.jpg Anyone ever try these? I'm tired of face shields catching on everything and with regular safety glasses I still get junk in my eyes, not to mention the fact that they fog. TreeStuff's got 'em for $18.95

best attribute, they don't fog. I found the foam deteriorated over a long time. I used to wear a forestry screen, and with the Bugz, double screen was bit much, unless sunny.

They are not impact-rated, a stick might poke through them, whereas safety glasses shouldn't shatter. Don't qualify as employee eye pro.

passed a set around the crew once...not cared for by most...didn't stop blowing dust any better than glasses and most felt sight wasn't as good.

If you are cutting deadwood, the fine dust can go through them but it has never bothered me. I started wearing Bugs back in the Forest Service and have been wearing them ever since, which somewhat diconcerts my wife. I love them. I fog up other safety glasses with my only super power, steam-vision.

Get the micro-screen ones. Wash them occasionally or they will get very foul.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
WesSpur is the only place I can find the fine screened ones and of course they are more expensive there. They also have Safe Eyes, which are similar and are impact rated. I may just order both, thanks for the advice Darin!

yesm' foam inside...they work good for my face structure (handsome lol) ;)

Ha. Only handsome people need reply to this thread. I have a pair of Bugz, used them a few times for tree work, but found that the mesh could be finer, as mentioned. They are pretty comfortable, i found. They make ok shop safety glasses, like when using a router or whatever.

Back