Bird Watching!

I am lucky to have a nice big iMac screen that I watch it on, I find it soothing, fascinating, inspiring, educational and more. Nice to hear all the other bird calls in the background.

The Zen calmness of the mother eagle on the eggs is supreme. I haven't seen her leave for food, yet. The resilience to the elements and to hunger is amazing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am updating my bird watching status to active!

As you know I have a bird book next to my chair with some field glasses.

So far, I have seen Meadowlarks and robins, a sure sign that spring is here. Kildeers are scoping out my pond and we have Mallards and Northern Pintail swimming about.

Life is good!

Obviously knew I was there on business.... Tom, you bastard!

Attachments

• IMG_20150411_133041503.jpg
    IMG_20150411_133041503.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20150411_133037514.jpg
    IMG_20150411_133037514.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20150411_133028936.jpg
    IMG_20150411_133028936.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 12
A great blue heron has set up shop at our pong this week. Mallards are around, too. A friend had a heron come to his place last year and it ate every frog in town.

I hate Herons. Frogs are cool. On a related note, a friend says that Sand Hill Cranes are the tastiest thing that flies.........Filet Mignon of the sky they are called, maybe a Heron tastes similar.

Be careful what you wish for.

Hardly ever saw these here until the last drought. A lot of birds came here looking for water but these things are everywhere now, they had to cull some in the city parks.

They love Canary Island Date Palms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_white_ibis

Threskiornis_molucca.AUSTRALIAN_WHITE_IBIS.071009.Sydney.Fran_Trabalon.jpg

I don't think I'd like to eat one.:barf:

Apparently they stink huh?

Cranes have the same taste and texture as beef, not kidding!

I would not try to feed you one Dave, I promise. We would have to eat in separate rooms anyway! I have to leave the room or hum loudly when a Kit Kat commercial comes on.

Why didn't you just ask me?
Didn't you know I was a birdwatcher from that part of the world.

It is a Siberian Tit. Parus cinctus

Steve, I just went and looked it up.

Turns out we are both right, since Grey headed Chickadee was the name formerly used for Siberian tit in the US.

Kind of like "The tit formerly known as........."

Yesterday my neighbor took down a bunch of rotten pine trees. This morning there was a confused looking woodpecker on one of the stumps.

Back