Big Ups to Tobe Sherrill

Altissimus

TreeHouser
been awhile since I've ordered anything and was overdue. Most of my gear has come through Sherrill over the years but have spent at Wesspur and Treestuff as well with excellent results. Needed seven pieces and wanted all on the same order , sure enough Sherrill did have them all. Processing the order turns out two items (Gibbs) were on backorder until December 1. Given choice of taking them off the order now or take the backorder and later ship date. Told them keep them on today's order ... when tallying total Sandra knocked fifty bucks off for the backorder. Damn Good customer service and wasn't expected , nice !

Never ordered from them directly, but I guess TreeStuff is kinda Sherrill.

I like the thought and effort they put into the Fallen Families Fund.
A small charity to help the families of arborists who have been killed or crippled from work accidents.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah , I get that (big outfit , tough on suppliers)... tried Wesspur first then Treestuff , limiting factor was two Gibbs I use for Rigging (mostly Pull Trees but other stuff too like the rare skyline) which neither had available ... saves me tons of time over knotting to the hook on the Tirfor plus easier pre-tension and removing slack / sag out of the line.... so a neccessary. Gibbs were the backorder and at a time where money is tight even though I'm fairly busy the fifty Shekels savings definitely appreciated and unexpected.

Did you find the right Gibbs you wanted or they’re already working on getting them? If you’re not already committed to buying from them, I got a few aluminum ones for 7/16” -1/2” rope, I could definitely part with 2 of them.
3EB271D6-A454-4D43-A053-EFFD771771A0.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice ! ... appreciate d , though I favor the Steel for Rigwork , needed new because (long story) one for 5/8 and another for 1/2. Though I do love the Gibbs and maybe interested in those at some point soon. Thnx ! ... AS Butch would say "TREE HOUSE ROCKS"

Just re Gibbs utility, I have a steel one for 1/2", it is priceless as a winch- e.g. attach rope to fallen tree 75' away, attach other end of rope to gibbs and gibbs to kubota bucket, boom up/back up as far as warranted, boom down/move forward to starting spot again while taking up slack produced with gibbs, repeat until tree is next to bucket.

Virtually all the ability of a winch for 100's of times less weight and cost.

Last edited:
Back