Best small handgun.

Ed, You have a valid point about state of mind/attitude. I refuse to live in fear. I wasn't afraid when I went about unarmed.... but when I made the decision to carry I also made a committment to do it. Hopefully it will never be needed..but if it ever is I want to be prepared to make a difference.

I would pack in a heartbeat if I was allowed to. The only people packing up here are cops and criminals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Whatever that retarted.
Danger is a state of mind.
Ha ,i bet you would have said that in a goose hole in Nam...thats a crack up
I just left a contractors bid ,where i had to walk in a very sketcy well known gang area and go behind a vacant home by myself.
Lots of black guys around all dressed in red.
This area is slowly being reclaimed however and the properties re habbed.
The homes all being bought up and restored.
Its pretty good buisness , but i would have been able to do the bid without my trusty 9mill.
I wear it in the open.
If we do the job its not so much of a problem as there are 5 of us there.
If the area was like the prodject and not a hostoric zone ,i wouldnt bother.I make great contacts with contractors who give me future buisness.

Danger is not a state of mind ,its for real.
Examples are abundant . Like the recent church shootings.
If somebody opens up i want to be prepared.
Anyhow thats just another derail .
Word .
My wife's kel tec .380 was shipped this morning.

I don't feel scared, but I feel fundamentally it should be my right to bear arms if I so choose. Of course that's just my opinion and obviously alot of other Canadian's don't agree with me. So the majority rules, not much I can do about it. Yes I'd like to pack a piece, no I'm not going to risk going to jail to do so.

Well Dark, a several years ago I would have agreed with you.
It seemed I was paranoid and got aprehensive in some bad areas myself.
I started packing, illeagaly, KS didn't have CCW at the time so I risked it.
Carrying a gun doesn't improve anything, it just compicates things. I had to draw it twice, fired it once. Thought I was going to have to draw and shoot eight gangbangers one night, and all I had was seven in the mag of the .380.
I've learned through time, to avoid those places and positions. If I pulled up at a Quiktrip and didn't like the element, I'd leave and find another one. If it looked like a bunch of thugs wanted to crash the party, I left. I had the means to defend myself, but not the want to do so. Nor did I care for all the repurcussions that would come from doing so.
Every now and again I have no choice but to go to some of these areas, and I take the precations I feel I need. I go in the daylight, I avoid conflict and treat the people with the respect they deseve when spoken to.
Carrying a gun taught me that it's better to be smarter than armed all the time.

What about home carry , where you just have your guns at home?
Danger is for real , that is what i meant.
No way im not taking my 9 mill everwhere.
Two clips =31 shots.
Id just hate to be caught off gard and then not have it...

great advice Andy!

I am all over the Bean at all times of day and night, in all kinds of neighborhoods, being respectful and confident has saved my bacon more than once.

Or you've just been lucky. Nothing wrong with being prepared imo.

My guns are "handy" at home and I have gotten one out on more than one occasion! I was e-mailing with Jeff one night and heard gunshots down the street. A mental case went off the deep end and was shooting the place up hoping to get a shot off at the cops.
I don't go out to BFE and cut wood, fish, anything, without a gun on my hip or in my hand. There are times I will take one with me if I am going to a bad part of town. But I really try and avoid that.
YOU can change the danger more by what you do, when you do it, and how you do it, than you ever can with a gun.

"YOU can change the danger more by what you do, when you do it, and how you do it, than you ever can with a gun"

Now i deffinatly agree with that statement...
I also could change the danger right this second should somebody try a home invasion on me haha.
I could run......
Or i could pop a couple rounds near them and watch them run

You guys are taking this thread way to far , but thats cool , i did to.
Anyhow ive bought and will soon have the Kel Tec .380
Man are they hard to find in Obamanation...
So anybody got anything to say about my final purchase decision ?

At home, I can change a lot of things, quickly and that is another scenario.
What you are wanting is a small pocket/purse handgun. You don't buy these to put on the nightstand. There for a while I carried a Glock 19 and a Colt Anaconda 6" "Just in case!!!"
The night I wrecked my truck we had to tell the cops how to find all the guns before it got hauled off to the junkyard. They pulled out the G-19, the Colt and a Mac-11.
If you feel the need to have that much firepower, maybe you hadn't ought to be there in the first place!!!
Seriously, think about that.
I've "been there done that, seen it happen and got luckt to not have gone to jail or killed".
I am all for protecting yourself and loved ones, I have no problem with gun, owned more than I can recal and kept the ones that I liked.
But a gun isn't the "end all, beat" all solution. You really have to think if taking someones life is the only option and make the decision NOW!!!
As I said, I have had to make that call, I managed not to have to injure anyone, just the threat I was willing to ended it. It's not a decision I would care to make again.
Use your brain a bit, avoid some of these places, or move. The brain is the best weapon/tool you have!

I hope you like the gun.

Ed, You have a valid point about state of mind/attitude. I refuse to live in fear. I wasn't afraid when I went about unarmed.... but when I made the decision to carry I also made a committment to do it. Hopefully it will never be needed..but if it ever is I want to be prepared to make a difference.

I am happy that you guys have the right to CCW, but I was just responding to Jerrys comment about it not being safe to not carry. I see that as living in a state of fear.
Hope you like the Kel-tec Jerry, I really like the range of collapsable carbines they make -
sub16d_pic01.jpg

I would recommend a SnakeSlayer myself. It's a two shot derringer chambered in .410 and .45 Long Colt. Very nasty little beast. Guaranteed to mess up someones day if they come at you.

I would recommend a SnakeSlayer myself. It's a two shot derringer chambered in .410 and .45 Long Colt. Very nasty little beast. Guaranteed to mess up someones day if they come at you.

I like those things, but a little pricey - especially comparing them to other pistols.

Sounds similar to The Judge by Taurus.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jl-ZIo-Wztc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jl-ZIo-Wztc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow RJS, that is something I could see useful for PPE indeed. a 410 shotgun, short, rifled barrel? cool!

Here's a funny video on gun control. :lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DptO-t4otao&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DptO-t4otao&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back