Asplundh Blues

Stihl has 3 different series of batteries.
The cheapo ones don't last long, but the really expensive ones sure do.
We've just bought 3 of them for our hedge trimmers at 350$ a piece.

Well worth the money in my opinion.
How would you compair battery run time to a tank of mix?

I have nearly rolled on the ground laughing from watching some of the antics of the the big A crews .Once at an ajoining property removing some large leaners ,ash trees the feller acted like Paul Bunyan .Myself and the power company line men watching .Got out this long barred Dolmar saw ,made a big deal out of it for show .Then started the cut .In 30 seconds that kid dropped that saw and screamed like a little girl .He had awaken a giant wolf spider under the bark that hitched I ride on that long bar .He thought it was coming to get him . Evidently he wasn't as tough as he pretended to be . :lol:
Glad to see your still around Al

Corporate , something I'm obviously not cut out for. We occasionally have crossover work involving Power Co. and the local Asplundh crew. Seems the Orange office bigs have recently taken away all the top handle saws from bucket operators , no longer allowed. With lots of cut and hold work over the lines to do it's now all hand saw

(though they still use rear handles and pole saws). Mebbee someone got hurt one handing cuts , not sure. Guys are definitely bitching about hand sawing and holding as it's less efficient. Reason for thread is the new electerics on the market by several manufacturers. Some have been shown here , wondering if the Stihl small ass pistol grip is their answer.
Can always use a sawzall with pruning blade!! They do work well

Back