Any Reason I shouldn't Get A CS355?

lxskllr

Treehouser
I've been thinking it might be nice having a top handle with a little more ass than my 2511. I've got a cs400 that's pretty light and nimble, but it's not as convenient as a top handle. Coincidentally, a local dealer is having their sales event March 23 for some extra temptation. I guess this question is for people using an ultralight like the 2511. Do you find a bigger top handle nice, or do you just switch to a rear handle when the wood gets bigger?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've thought about it off and on for awhile, but the maple I did last week would have really benefited having a bigger top handle to move in the tree. The wood wasn't huge(aloft. The base cuts I could have had a saw handed to me, or done from the ground), but it was a little big for the 2511. I'd probably get the 14" bar. I have 16" bars that would fit.

I use a 200t-16"on infrequent occasions. 193t,14" as well. Good complements to the 2511T.

Using proper cuts helps one use a smaller saw in the tree, and there are times that call for a bigger saw, such as heavy leaners, partially for the power, partially for the bar length.

355 on the ground is also nice, great saws. The 2500t has been lovely so far but 355 for larger takedowns still.

Thanks all. I'm 90% sure I'll be going to the dealer on the 23rd and ordering a saw. They probably won't have it in stock.

I know what to expect with an ms200 and I'd feel let down if a "lesser" saw couldn't blast through the cut the same way. On the other hand, it's quite a price difference between the two which makes it extremely attractive even to someone who isn't working and doesn't need one.;)

Yea, I couldn't justify a 201, but for <$400, it gets interesting. I love my echo saws. The 355 should work well.

@Treeaddict

Dunno if you have any interest in echo saws, but a local dealer is having their 15% off day next week. If you were going to buy, that's the time to do it.

@Treeaddict

Dunno if you have any interest in echo saws, but a local dealer is having their 15% off day next week. If you were going to buy, that's the time to do it.

Thanks John. I may pick up a 2511. Dunno. James spent about 2K on his game on his tablet. Gotta see if we can recoup some/all of that $$$

Back