70 cc 372

• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
R

RIVERRAT

Is the newer 372 as good a saw as the older model? I was looking at a Stihl 362 but the specs show the 372 only a 1/2 lb. more in weight.

You know the new 365xp XT is also 70.7cc and not 65cc like the old 365. They just detuned the port timing from what I understand. Just like the Jonsered sister saws 2166 2172 is same 70.7cc.
If you was going to open them it might be worth the money saved. Havent known anyone to run both stock back to back to compare to know anything yet.

They had some problem with the 575. I have a 576 that has been good to me so far. I bought the adjustable carb. I figured there was probably still some bugs in the fancy chip controlled one. The plug has been spot on and it runs great. I haven't been tempted to fiddle with the screws. A tach is on my shopping list for the 346 I bought, so I'll throw it on the 576 to see where I am at. New carbs suck.

What do you mean dropped the design? 576 is same saw, same crank, but different bearings and better checked cranks. I think they removed the full circle plates before it was series produced, but not sure on that...

Back